hddvd and blu ray sound

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

moviemax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I just got the new onkyp txsr805 receiver. this is the first receiver to deliver dolby true hd and dts lossless dts. I have my hddvd with my xbox 360 and my blu ray with ps3. the xbox is hooked up through component and the ps3 through hdmi. When i watch a movie i cant get the display to say true hd or lossless dts. Is there an update for the 360 or ps3 that hasent come out yet that i need?

Hola,

This is because currently all players do the decoding and send the data PCM to the receiver. No player at this time is sending the data to the receiver for the receiver to decode. I don't believe the XBOX has HDMI 1.3 anyways. According to the sonyinsider at AVSFORUM, the PS3 was limited due to hardware at the time.

Credit to OP paidgeek.

Industry Insiders Master recombined Q&A thread III: ONLY Questions to Insiders - AVS Forum

"I am making the same point. Problem is, HDMI org until recently, highly promoted the optional features of the standard causing people for example to think every PS3 supports transmission of advanced codecs which we know now it does not. They shouted last year that HDMI 1.3 meant high color and advanced codecs. Then Sony shouts that they are using HDMI 1.3 in PS3. People put the two and two together and assumed that PS3 supports all of these features as a matter of requirement."

"The connection between HDMI and audio codecs came about from the reasonable question asking why the current crop of players cannot support advanced codec stream output. It is correct to say that this was not possible due to chipset availability (supporting HDMI 1.1) at the time that the current players were designed, but the assertion that any player or receiver with HDMI 1.3 can automatically handle advanced audio codecs is just an incorrect assumption and does not stem from any intentional misinformation."

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts