HDMI 622 problem

Why would this just start happening? I've had this receiver and TV for a long time and I don't understand why it would just start.
Just a speculation: Perhaps the excessive heat for which the 622 is also known finally has damaged one of the chips to the point that it is intermittent and will now dump its memory occasionally. Heat management is concern for me and a bunch of others in this forum. (See the "Average 622 Temp. Is yours hot" thread that is still active over a year after its launch!) Under almost any circumstance heat will eventually take a toll on electronics, and we have evidence that the 622 chips, particularly the Broadcom decoder, run at or beyond their design temp. limits. Anything a user can do to reduce the operating temperature of the 622 will increase its long term reliability. Check the aforementioned thread for a lot of ideas...

Unfortunately, I don't think it's heat related either. I can leave my 622 on for an extended period with no problems, even turning it off (i.e. putting it in standby mode) and the HDMI signal will be active when I power it up. If I do a soft re-boot, however, regardless of how long it's been on, the HDMI is inactive and only the HDMI reset option in the diagnostics menu brings it back. I have my fingers crossed that the software download being pushed today (version 4.06) addresses the problem. So far, my 622 hasn't recieved the update.

I haven't received the update either. Anyone know if the 406 update will fix the HDMI problem?

Is there anyway to force it to download it?

Last edited:
the greatest problem with th 622 is over heating. I let a fan blow on it and it stop all th rebooting every 10 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts