HDMI audio loss after standby??

jack and ellen

Oct 31, 2009
SC USA
I have just received a vip722k and love it with one exception - I have a TV hooked up from the HDMI output and one from the Composite output. The HDMI output looses the audio over night and the only way to restore it is by doing a reset.

I thought it might be from the system going into standby during the night so I selected "disable" on the Inactivity Standby option. It still looses the audio from the HDMI overnight until I do the reset the next morning.

Could it be caused when the system does the receiver updates each night and can that be disabled??

Jack :confused:

adidas5482

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 5, 2007
None
Do you have a phillips tv by any chance? The reason I ask is cuz i experienced this last week and the only solution was to use component cables.

jack and ellen

Oct 31, 2009
SC USA
The HDMI runs about 60' to a fairly current model Sanyo HDTV. I used HDMI to simplify the cable do to the run. I has to be something the 722 receiver is doing after I turn off the tvs and hit the sack for the night. In the morning the audio is gone from the HDMI connected TV.

I did try to run the update which normally runs in the early AM hours but it did not effect the audio while the tvs were on and I was watching.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Component as well

The HDMI runs about 60' to a fairly current model Sanyo HDTV. I used HDMI to simplify the cable do to the run. I has to be something the 722 receiver is doing after I turn off the tvs and hit the sack for the night. In the morning the audio is gone from the HDMI connected TV.

I did try to run the update which normally runs in the early AM hours but it did not effect the audio while the tvs were on and I was watching.

So are you using component near the unit as well? Not that that will cause a problem but just more info about the problem will always help.

jack and ellen

Oct 31, 2009
SC USA
I use the component out at the near tv and HDMI to a remote tv. I did verify that the problem does occur when the 722 does its scheduled update at 3am.

There is no option to stop it so it looks like I may have to put up with it and do a reset daily so I can view the remote tv on the HDMI output at night.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Jack

timyao

Nov 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
It could be TV side issue. Try unplug HDMI cable and replug in HDMI cable on TV side. If audio is back then it's not a set top box side problem. I have a HTPC with HDMI output having the same issue on a Sharp TV. The work around is to switch to another input on TV then switch back to HDMI input. TV should re-detect HDMI signal again. Not sure if it can work, just my 2c :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)