hdmi cable/ dvi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam 1207

Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
panama city fl.
Good morning all i have a question i hope somebody can help me with. I have a hdmi to dvi cable now on my tv to 811 tv has the hdmi hookup the 811 has the dvi side. I orded the 622 and as i read it seems the 622 is hdmi and no dvi hook up is this correct? and if it is is there and adapter i can buy to make my cable hdmi to hdmi or do i have to buy another cable which is hdmi to hdmi. I hope somebody can steer me in the right direction thank you. SAM:)

You can buy an adapter to do what you want. I would only be concerned by the fact that DVI does not carry audio while HDMI does. If you adapt the DVI end of your cable to HDMI you would, I think, loose the audio coming out of your receiver. For the cost of an adapter you can get an inexpensive HDMI cable and carry both audio and video without adapters. Several folks here including myself have had very good luck with monoprice.com purchasing nice cables for low $$$.

Monoprice is really going to have to send me some commission soon for all the referrals I'm making. ;)

tawhite said:
You can buy an adapter to do what you want. I would only be concerned by the fact that DVI does not carry audio while HDMI does. If you adapt the DVI end of your cable to HDMI you would, I think, loose the audio coming out of your receiver. For the cost of an adapter you can get an inexpensive HDMI cable and carry both audio and video without adapters. Several folks here including myself have had very good luck with monoprice.com purchasing nice cables for low $$$.

Monoprice is really going to have to send me some commission soon for all the referrals I'm making. ;)
Ditto!

I also bought a HDMI cable from monoprice.com and it's a good cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)