HDMI cable length

Jim_in_VA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2011
United States
How long of a HDMI cable can I run? Ethernet is about 300' without a power injector. Are there HDMI cables that can run that far?

35-50' is about the max. You can do a little better by using the monprice Redmere cable which has an active element in it. Anything longer is generally accomplished with baluns and a cat5 or coax cable.

I have a 100' run that has been working just fine for about 3 years now. No signal issues at all. Goes from my home theater setup (60" Pioneer Kuro) to my bar TV (50" Panny plasma) to repeat what is on the TV for when we have events in the basement (football games, fights, etc.) This is a regular monoprice cable through a powered monoprice spliter. Not expensive or fancy, but works just fine. I have also run a 75' run from my Dad's AV receiver to his TV through the floor and wall that has been up and running for about 6 years with no issues.

I too have run 100' and 75' ones in my businesses. I have also used hdmi to cat 6 over long distances (> 100 feet) when I could not run that big a cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts