HDMI cable with 722 install

jlabsher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Lexington Park, MD
Hey just wishing here, but will they use a HDMI cable when they come to install my 722 this weekend or coax. I don't want to buy the HDMI until I get the final placing of the set worked out, but I want the best possible picture until the wife can decide if she wants the set on the wall or on a table.

HDMI is far superior to component, and cheaper. Just mail order your cable in advance. That skinny HDMI replaces four or five thick separate audio/video cables.

I got excellent gold plated 'cables to go' blue hdmi cables from Amazon, $12, free shipping via Amazon prime.

Don't pay more that about $15 for hdmi cables, anything more is a ripoff.

HDMI is far superior to component, and cheaper. .
You are way off base regarding "cheaper" and about 50% of this group will probably disagree with you on superiority. A lot depends on your components and personal taste. On my DLP I found HDMI to be a tad sharper, but on my plasma, colors are richer with Component. They are both so cheap at Monoprice, the OP might as well get both and decide. Oh, and by the way::welcome

Hey just wishing here, but will they use a HDMI cable when they come to install my 722 this weekend or coax. I don't want to buy the HDMI until I get the final placing of the set worked out, but I want the best possible picture until the wife can decide if she wants the set on the wall or on a table.

They won't use coax, as it won't deliver HD to the TV. It's a toss up as to if they will bring out Component or HDMI. We use HDMI if we have them, but the warehouse doesn't always have them in stock.

I recently upgraded my 311 to a 722, and the DVR came with component cables AND a HDMI-to-DVI cable (of all things). When I got my 622 almost two years ago, it came with neither. YMMV, though, if a tech installs it.

Brad

The 722 comes with a component yellow/red/white cable, a phone line, and an S video cable. None of which will pass HD. You will need either the Green/Blue/Red cable in conjunction with the Red/White cable or a HDMI cable which passes audio and video through just on cable(much cleaner for cable managment purposes).

The 722 comes with a component yellow/red/white cable, a phone line, and an S video cable. None of which will pass HD. You will need either the Green/Blue/Red cable in conjunction with the Red/White cable or a HDMI cable which passes audio and video through just on cable(much cleaner for cable managment purposes).
arrrrrrghhhhh! Composite are the red, white, and yellow. These are THE ONLY cable that are packed in the box with receivers. ALL others HDMI, and COMPONENT (blue, red, green) and seperate (not pre packed) and the installers has to bring them, PROVIDED that the installer has them to give. Where I have been working out of has NOT had HDMI for over a month. Bottom line, if the warehouse doesn't have it to give to techs, its not going to appear on its own. I would order from any website that has good deals if its HDMI you MUST have.

I recently upgraded my 311 to a 722, and the DVR came with component cables AND a HDMI-to-DVI cable (of all things). When I got my 622 almost two years ago, it came with neither. YMMV, though, if a tech installs it.

Brad

As I said..........

I don't believe E* ships two boxes the same.

Brad

Yellow/Red/White cable is RCA not component. And it will pass lower quality HD. Hook it up and watch Equator then turn to a local SD channel (don't tell the customer your testing my theory) and they will be floored by the difference (if they're not HD experienced). Yes, S-video with red/white RCA (sound) better, HDMI (supposedly) better. Depends on taste and the tv. Dish don't provide the best, just what works. Am I wrong, anyone?

You can use the composite (red/white/yellow) cable for component, use the three cables to connect the RGB RCA plugs to the same colored plug on the TV.

I've unboxed two 722's and one 211 now and all have had some cheap basic component video cables, which will pass HD. I'm using one of the E*-provided component tables in my bedroom to connect a 211 to a cheap HD LCD and it looks really good actually.

Regardless, it's less than likely you'll get an HDMI cable, and monoprice.com is your friend. :)

I just bought a small bulk of HDMI cables from monoprice to give to some of my friends and family for christmas who recently bought HDTV's. Great stocking stuffer!

When "they" installed my 622 about a year ago it was done with an HDMI cable. This was installed by a local Dish representative installer. I wasn't happy with the quality of picture and told them so. Thus, they changed the cable to HDMI!! I guess that is the advantage of using a local. In fact, every thing was done through them, form order to delivery to installation.

Smoke

The RSP in my area carries 3'HDMI cables and gives them to the installers ONLY if the customer throws a fit and insists on it.

Most of the 722's I have opened have RGB component cables, YRW RCA cables, S-vid, and phone cable.
Some have had everything I listed above, but the RGB was missing.

The company that installed my dish tried to sell me an HDMI cable for $50. I already had a couple from monoprice.com so I turned them down. Upon further inquiry the $50 cable they were trying to sell me was the same $8 cable I got from monoprice.com. What a markup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts