HDMI connection required?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why sound like a dullard?

HDCP isn't about 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 480p or 480i. It is about content protection that requires an answer from the display.

There can be no mistaking that HDCP isn't going to be a problem for component users going forward. Apparently it needs to be stated directly and repeatedly.

Cute.

The OP's problem has nothing to do with HDCP. Component connections never have, and never will support it. There is not a single TV in the wild that supports it over component. Component outputs are only supposed to be blanked upon reception of a 1080p signal with an HDMI cord connected (if the TV isn't 1080p capable, the receiver won't even go into 1080p mode). Since LMN (or any channel) is NOT 1080p, OP simply had a glitch in the receiver.

However, (harshness take note) over the next three years, the component output will disappear and everything will have HDMI due to the analog sunset in 2013. Current devices that have component will be locked down to SD quality by the content provider. You won't be able to get HD (1080i, 720p, 1080p, 1440p) out of anything but an HDCP compliant HDMI connection (or whatever its HDCP compliant successor is). Yes, this only applies to 'protected content', but you can bet your ass there won't be anything coming to any TV/receiver without that flag set.

So yes, HDCP WILL be a problem for component users going forward. It's just not the OP's problem right now.

Weird. I actually just encountered this on 509 w/ the HR24. I run both HDMI and component. I had to unplug the HDMI cable from the box and then was able to watch over component. I have never encountered this on any channel.

S~

Weird. I actually just encountered this on 509 w/ the HR24. I run both HDMI and component. I had to unplug the HDMI cable from the box and then was able to watch over component. I have never encountered this on any channel.

S~

If you figure this out, post back with the results.

Appreciate you pointing me here, didn't know this thread existed.

I had my customer do the same thing & it made no difference.

This is not good for Slingbox. I get their signal off of Component. I dont use it that much but I hate someone restricting me on what I can do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts