HDMI Dolby Digital Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trainbuf

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Unable to receive dolby digital (DD) audio (only analog audio) from my HR20-700 DVR using the HDMI interface via the TV receiver. The TV receiver is connected to the audio receiver via a fiber cable and provides DD audio with the TV's internal tuner. Instead I have to make the connection directly from the HR20 to the audio receiver. Question: Does the HR20's HDMI interface support DD audio or is my TV preempting the audio with analog?

Appreciate any insite, thanks Don

Unable to receive dolby digital (DD) audio (only analog audio) from my HR20-700 DVR using the HDMI interface via the TV receiver. The TV receiver is connected to the audio receiver via a fiber cable and provides DD audio with the TV's internal tuner. Instead I have to make the connection directly from the HR20 to the audio receiver. Question: Does the HR20's HDMI interface support DD audio or is my TV preempting the audio with analog?

It's a limitation in your TV. Many (most) TVs will not pass thru DD5.1 from HDMI onto the audio out connection from the TV. You will probably find a reference to this in your TV user manual if you look very closely! The only way to get DD5.1 to your audio receiver is to connect the HR20 to the audio receiver via the optical cable..

Have you tried running fiber directly from the HR20 to your audio rcvr?

I connect HDMI to my tv, and fiber to audio rcvr. The fiber provides DD, but it must be enabled in the HR20 Audio menu.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)