HDMI Handshake

As for DVD upconvert players, I strongly recommend the Helios which supplies an amazing 1080i picture and is the only unconvert player in the world right now that you can use with component ports.

Bruce

Really? That sure interests me since I have an "antique" Mitz HD TV with ONLY component inputs for HD. Where do you get one? Big $$$??? Link? Thanks!

Ed

Don't waste your $$ on upconvert...get a decent progressive scan DVD player and it'll look just as good if not better.

As for DVD upconvert players, I strongly recommend the Helios which supplies an amazing 1080i picture and is the only unconvert player in the world right now that you can use with component ports.

Bruce
Wrong...Oppo 970. YET, neither will upconvert component if the DVD is protected with Macrovision. And regarding just a progressive scan by another poster, it depends on your TV's scaler. On my 1 yr old Sammy DLP, it did not cut it. Sony upscaler saved the day. Beware of blanket statements!!

I believe the clue to your problem is that the HDMI from the 622 WORKS with your Polaroid TV. That tells me the problem is the Toshiba DLp, and the solution might be as simple as a software upgrade to the TV.

My Hitachi had a problem with the HDMi blinking (after I replaced a 622 whose HDMI was bad), and a software change in the internal database of the TV helped it better sync with the HDMI. Solid as a rock since.

DO NOT assume HDMI problems are always the fault of the 622, they could be, but it is not an certainty absolute.

Wrong...Oppo 970. YET, neither will upconvert component if the DVD is protected with Macrovision. And regarding just a progressive scan by another poster, it depends on your TV's scaler. On my 1 yr old Sammy DLP, it did not cut it. Sony upscaler saved the day. Beware of blanket statements!!

Well yes, if your TV has bad scalers, then the upconvert will look better if it has better scalers.

I'm not used to seeing TV's that have worse scalers than the DVD players.

I just took a look at my receipt for the TV... I've still got 6 months of warranty left. Plenty of time to get it resolved. The manual says the TV is supposed to be compatible with HDCP, so no reason that it shouldn't work. The service guy in my area is not available until after the first of the year due to some family health problems so i'll be without HDMI for a few days.

Thanks for all your input!

LOL.......@ TNTHD forums!!!!!

E* being sued by Fox news

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)