HDMI on 622 output went Kaput - fizzle

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Watching Hockey playoffs last night -- 2 min left in 3rd, (Stars up by 1), when, out of nowhere, the picture and sound from the HDMI cable output of the 622 to the TV went south. No PIC - No SOUND.

By the time I was able to redirect the output of the 622 to Rf, (got a picture, but horrible sound quality), the game went to OT... so during the break, tried everything, re-boot (soft/hard), uplugged HDMI, plugged back in. Quickly hooked up some component cables and got pic and sound back, but still no HDMI.

Watched conclusion of game... turned off TV, went down for the night. This morning, the receiver had been "ON" all night (usually goes off after a period of inactivity), still no HDMI pic/sound, but OK on component.

Have not had time yet to really mess with it...

Observatons????? anyone?????? Is HDMI toast?

Again, it was working then out of nowhere, right in the middle of broadcast, then just went blank.

Same problems as the 942.

I finally found something that works.

menu 6 1 1 wait for the tone then cancel cancel cancel

I have both the component and hdmi hooked to the tv, so when the
hdmi goes completely nuts i can switch to component to reset the hdmi.

Really stupid how low quality and full of bugs the hdmi is.

Horse crap!

I suppose compatibility was not a problem for 1st two weeks. . Then out of nowhere it becomes an issue.

My ranting could cover volumes of dissatisfaction I've had through this entire ordeal to get upgraded to HD and new receiver/recorder. It all started back on Feb 2. I finally got installed late April. Hows that for service! Credits to my account? WHAT? E* doesn't do that.. Hey idiots, you used my $300 nearly 10 weeks before I got connected and started billing me right away on HD pack.

So, here we go again. What next? Maybe they will suggest I just 'drop a cable pull' directy from the satellite to my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts