HDMI Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Hello,
Well I have a problem with my new H10 receiver and HDMI. When connected to the Philips Plasma TV it has a narrow green vertical bar on the far right of the screen. I switched boxes and hooked up my HR10-250 and same thing through HDMI. I was using the HDMI cord that came in the HR10-250 box. My HD Tivo is currently being used on a Mitsu HD RPTV using the HDMI to DVI cord that was supplied in the box and runs perfect. Could the problem be my Plasma TV, the HDMI cable, or the H10? I have the H10 hooked up using component and it looks great, just curious if this is an isolated issue. Also even with components the picture sometimes seems to be shifted to the left slightly leaving a black vertical bar on the right(very slim, similiar in size to the green bar via HDMI) this happens only when viewing SD programming. Everything is fine when viewing HD. Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Thank You,
Mike

Same problem here.
I just activated the H-20 receiver and connected it via HDMI to a 30" Philips LCD Flat Panel.
The video is distorted with a large vertical black bar on the right side with SD channels. The HD channels are fine without any distortion or the bar. I will keep on trying to play with the display settings and cable hoping to solve this problem. Display is fine with other cable connections.
Any advice is appreciated.

tecnico said:
Same problem here.
I just activated the H-20 receiver and connected it via HDMI to a 30" Philips LCD Flat Panel.
The video is distorted with a large vertical black bar on the right side with SD channels. The HD channels are fine without any distortion or the bar. I will keep on trying to play with the display settings and cable hoping to solve this problem. Display is fine with other cable connections.

I was getting a THIN black line down the right side, but it's not there anymore.
Maybe the latest firmware update got rid of it.

Chip

tecnico said:
Same problem here.
I solved my problem. I removed the 480i resolution setting on the DTV H-20 menu settings for resolutions. I kept the 480p, 720p, 1080i and the native 'ON." The SD and HD channels are working fine. The vertical black bar (during 480i) is gone when formatting thru resolutions. :)

All get with HDMI is snow and no signal message alternating back and forth. I replaced the cable tried different sequences in starting the H20 and the TV and still no luck. Have Samsung HL-R4667. Have the same problem with the DVD player. Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)