HDMI Splitter - so many choices

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tazmanian

Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Ohio
So My question would be I'm cutting down to 2 HDDVR-500 boxes and want to run 3 televisions on one box and two on another. My set up will have a combination of RF repeaters and HDMI extenders over cat 6. Has anyone bought an HDMI Splitter from say Monoprice that really works the 3D output ? I have purchased just a switcher from them in the past that claimed to work the 3D but didn't. I'm looking for a reasonably priced unit with four HDMI outputs and will carry the 3D signal.

My TV is about 3 years old and has an adapter for the 3D that works great with the television and the active 3D glasses. I know you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks so much.

Most current powered HDMI splitters should work, but all the TVs connected will probably need to support the same version of 3D. The powered HDMI splitters negotiate with each display and only report the formats supported by all attached displays back to the source. I think with some of the more expensive units you can choose which EDID info it should cache, but I haven't used one like that.

Make sure there are good return policies wherever you buy from.

I use two of the Monoprice 4x1 HDMI splitters around my house and they've always worked wonderful. I even use cable runs as long as 75-100'.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D tv hooked to any of them so I can't help you there, but I do love their value and can highly recommend their switches (except possibly 3D).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts