hdmi switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason, i can't see the prices staying that high. if i am going to spend that much money, then i am just going to upgrade my receiver to one that has hdmi switching.

Those prices have held for two years. I gave up waiting (14 months) for a price drop last February and just bought a Dtrovision DVI switch and cables for the going rate.

I guessing that it is a lack of any "economies of scale". That is, the market volume is so small that there isn't any mass production, so the labor and materials go at low volume (high) cost. Then the development and overhead costs are burdened over only the few items produced and the final unit cost ends up high.

I thought demand would rise for the DVI switch, but they changed to the HDMI standard. If you think demand will rise for the HDMI switch, think about the devices now being made w/ multiple HDMI ports and A/V receivers coming w/ HDMI ports. The HDMI switch is probably nearing the peak on its lifecycle demand curve. The DVI switch has already past it.

There are two major competitors in the market, but they generally aren't competing on price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts