HDMI switcher/splitter experts! I need your advice.

I wonder why. Well, Scott ,I am sure, knows what he is doing. It is hard for old geezers though. I thought the Chromebook I am using at the moment was behind it. I need to start paying more attention.
Thanks big guy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder why. Well, Scott ,I am sure, knows what he is doing. It is hard for old geezers though. I thought the Chromebook I am using at the moment was behind it. I need to start paying more attention.
Thanks big guy.
Hey, I'm an old geezer, 77 pushing 78. I had cataract surgery a few years ago and brought my distance sight to 20/20. I do need reading glasses though, especially for those tiny letters! :D

Hey Charles; Do two remote conrols for fire stick work for the same device? With Hopper or Joey, you can use several Dish remotes if you set them up.
See, the wifey likes her lazyboy next to wood burner, and I like the couch. We both keep Dish remotes close to where we sit. No more fighting for remote!

Hey Charles; Do two remote conrols for fire stick work for the same device? With Hopper or Joey, you can use several Dish remotes if you set them up.
See, the wifey likes her lazyboy next to wood burner, and I like the couch. We both keep Dish remotes close to where we sit. No more fighting for remote!
I read someplace you can pair up to seven remotes to a Firestick. I have three paired to one of my FireSticks. My main Hopper 3 I have eight remotes paired to it which is the limit for a Hopper or Joey.

The latest regarding highly recommended hdmi switch:
I received it today and replaced the cheapo piece.
Good bye hdcp warning, hello happiness.
It worked. Now, I need to clear something.
Streaming with Roku from well known companies (Paramount +, Peacock, Roku and others) was fine. One app that provides European tv stations was acting weird with that hdcp warning. I used the same hdmi cables. Now, Roku with that new switch connects me to tv stations. When I switch from station to another, everything seems faster!
Thanks primestar31.

dancing.gif

The latest regarding highly recommended hdmi switch:
I received it today and replaced the cheapo piece.
Good bye hdcp warning, hello happiness.
It worked. Now, I need to clear something.
Streaming with Roku from well known companies (Paramount +, Peacock, Roku and others) was fine. One app that provides European tv stations was acting weird with that hdcp warning. I used the same hdmi cables. Now, Roku with that new switch connects me to tv stations. When I switch from station to another, everything seems faster!
Thanks primestar31.

View attachment 155122
What switch did you get?

My Roku is the cheapest, model, Express? Since I don't have a 4K tv, Roku gadget that offers 4K would be useless. My Vizio is 8 years old. Eventually, I will upgrade it.
Bestbuy has an incredible deal on Roku premier now. About $20. Normally, $40.

My Roku is the cheapest, model, Express? Since I don't have a 4K tv, Roku gadget that offers 4K would be useless.
I hear you. My first experiment was a refurbished Roku SE ($15) which was so dog-slow I could barely stand it. My wife demanded a faster one and I bought her a Roku Express. Then I replaced our HD TV upstairs with a Roku TV/4K, and then she wanted another Roku TV so I bought her another RokuTV/4K and then the Express went unused.

By that time I had already discovered the FireTV Stick for playing Dishanywhere, and I bought 4 of those for my non-4K TVs and we were all happy until the FireTV Sticks started dying on me. So I bought a FireTV Stick 4K for those older HDTV's. Even though I've never watched 4K through those, they are much faster than the old FireTV Sticks and they are only $24, so why not?

Ok TheKrell; I have a question for you since you are using Dishanywhere app on Firestick.

I had one unused Fire stick. I plugged it to my old Sony tv (pretty old, only 720p, but excellent picture) in my bedroom. Upgraded OS on it, and installed that dish app. When I launch the Dishanywhere, it is pretty amazing. Using the fire stick remote to change channels is too cumbersome to me. I have to press rewind and select buttons together and this remote icon pops up on screen. Then, I keep pressing left,right, top,bottom sections on the ring to reach numbers.
(If the wife likes using the stick, I am thinking about giving up bedroom Joey.)

Is there a better way to change channels with Dishanywhere app?

The following text was copied and pasted from a fellow member.
In case some people are interested.

Using Fire stick remote with Dish anywhere app:

"If on the guide go down to the guide and press the rewind button. It will bring up numbers 0-4 and press the menu button to the right of home button to swap to 5-9. Using the direction ring and enter button to select numbers.
If watching tv, you can press menu button and then select channel number from options."

Cumbersome is kind.
Just about the worst way to change channels.

Press a button and get a diagram of the selector on the remote - 0,1,2,3,4 or go to next 5,6,7,8,9 - select one; now fidgit to select the second digit and so on.

It takes 5 minutes to change channels - HORRID!!

Of course the Fire stick was not designed to be used as a channel selection remote - designed for streaming content

Slingbox remote is emminiently superior, but Dish is trashing it 11/2022.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)