HDMI V1.3 Extenders over Single CAT5/6/7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Atlona Technologies officially releases new HDMI V1.3 Extenders over Single CAT5/6/7 up to 200ft, the AT-HD-V40SRS

Atlona Technologies, a solutions based manufacturer of Audio Video accessories, has released their new HDMI V1.3 Extenders over Single CAT/5/6/7 up to 200ft, the AT-HD-V40SRS

Atlona Technologies, solutions based manufacturer of Audio Video accessories, has officially released their newest HDMI V1.3 Extenders over single CAT5/6/7. This new and updated unit is designed to replace the existing AT-HDMI40SRS due to the addition of HDMI1.3 as well as other capabilities. This Atlona HDMI1.3 extender is the perfect solution for those who need to extend an HDMI1.3 signal long distances over low-cost single CAT5/6/7cable. The AT-HD-V40SRS Extenders can boost signal transmission in perfect video quality at lengths up to 110ft at 1080p, and up to 200ft at 1080i while supporting 7.1 Ch. audio. Compared to extreme lengths of HDMI, the extenders will help extend the length with no signal degradation. While the signal will send optimal Audio and Video quality, it is recommended to use shielded cat5/6 wire to get the best quality signal.
The AT-HD-V40SRS includes one transmitting unit and receiving unit. The transmitting unit is used to capture the input HDMI/DVI signals and carry the signals through one RJ-45 connector into one CAT5/6/7 cable. The receiving unit equalizes the sent multimedia data. With the equalization control switch on the receiving unit, users can adjust the equalization and have the ability to optimize the transmission distance between desired source and display. The installation of the this HDMI1.3 extender is quick and easy, no matter the technical expertise; simply place Sender unit next to your HD source such as, (HD-DVD player, Blu Ray player, Set-top-box, etc.) and place the Receiver unit next to your display and connecting a single CAT5/6/7 between the two. Along with being HDCP compliant, this unit is embedded with state of the art Silicon Image Chip-Set, allowing 99.99% compatibility with all other Audio Video equipment.
With Atlona’s AT-HD-V40SRS HDMI1.3 over single CAT5/6/7 Extenders, users can readily extend High Definition sources to any remote display through reliable and economic CAT5/6/7 cables. This cost effective solution is perfect for all home theater and business to business installations as well as any digital signage application.
Atlona’s AT-HD-V40SRS is currently available with an MSRP of $329.00​
Source -- Atlona Press Release : Atlona Technologies

For that price, I will run my own wire just for HD. The only way I see this as a money saver is if the wiring would be hard to run and if cat5 was already there especially in hotels or if someone had money to burn.

I use cat5 HDMI converters. They have worked without issues. The main use is for runs that are too long/hard for HDMI. I have one run that goes outside, outside direct burial cat5e is available, HDMI is not.

Is it cheaper to use a converter in some cases than running new HDMI wire or wire that can be used for HDMI? Can one not use another type of wire and put HDMI connectors on the ends?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)