HDMI vs. DVI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Any advantage to either connection for HD.(HDMI/DVI) My TV has HDMI inputs.
Still tryiing to figure out what box D* will give me. Trying to avoid Samsung 360.

What is wrong with the 360? I have had one for almost a year and haven't had any problems.

Directv user said:
Any advantage to either connection for HD.(HDMI/DVI) My TV has HDMI inputs.
Still tryiing to figure out what box D* will give me. Trying to avoid Samsung 360.
I have two Samsung 360's. One for over a year and the other for 8-9 months in the family room. Never had a single problem with either one.

If you call D* directly and order a HD receiver, you'll almost undoubtedly get an H-10.

If the installer has OTHER hardware, you might get something else, but no guarantees.

(Only the H-10 has HDMI, mind you.)

Oh, FYI...

The 360... Is currently having a picture problem on HD channels... blocks/Freezeframe/etc...

*sigh*

knocker said:
What is wrong with the 360? I have had one for almost a year and haven't had any problems.

you obviously don't watch ABC-HD and FOX HD feeds from NY or any of the ESPN movies.

hdtvtechno said:
HDMI is the digital connection but also carry both video and audio on that one cable, and is also slight different cable then the DVI

HDMI and DVi have the same PQ as either of them.

DVI is also digital, they are both full digital the only difference is how sound travels on them, sound dosent on the Dvi and sound does on hdmi--I Believe that is it, right hdtvtechno am I missing something???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)