HDNet Hockey - Local Blackout?

tim552

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Tomorrow night, HDNet will telecast the Dallas Stars/St. Louis Blues game. Will it be blacked out locally here in Dallas?

I'm not an expert on blackouts but I would think that if one of your local stations were carrying it then it would be blacked out on HD Net. If one of you local stations weren't carrying it then I would think that it would be viewable on HD net. Hope this helps. You might could find out by hitting the quide button and highlighting the game in the guide and press select and see what it does. It it was going to be blackout I would think that it will tell you when you try to select it.

HDNet hockey games are only available to out of market areas. TV coverage doesn't matter, besides most of the teams have all their games regionally covered anyways. If the rsn wasnt covering it, the team/nhl would have to grant HDNet a waiver to show you the game

tim552 said:
Yeah, it'll be on locally, but not in HD, of course.

If E* would pick up the HD channel for Altitude Sports, we could see the Avs play in Colorado.

Who in their right mind would want to watch the Dallas Stars when you can watch OU play oregan on ESPN HD. GO SOONERS

It's nearly noon in Dallas and no blackout symbol shows on the program guide. Hopefully, someone will forget to flip the blackout switch.

The MN Wild are my local team.
They were scheduled on HDNet vs the Colorado Avalanche about a week ago. The game was also scheduled to be on Fox Sports Net North (our RSN).
Guess which one was blacked out? HDNet.
For what it's worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts