HDNet Moves Into OTA Market

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

1080i

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
HDNet is now expanding into the OTA realm. You may begin to see options in local markets to subscribe to the service via local HD capable stations.

I've actually been getting HDNet programming OTA via a sub-channel of a local independent station ever since I have signed up with Voom last March. However, the Voom program guide is always completely wrong for it (says it is playing HDNet's Live Coverage of the Republican National Convention now). I've watched Mark Cuban's weekly program, HD World Report, Hollywood HD, and InFocus on it along with other sports events and movies. If Voom could get the guide info right for it, it would be great.

bnl107 said:
I've actually been getting HDNet programming OTA via a sub-channel of a local independent station ever since I have signed up with Voom last March. However, the Voom program guide is always completely wrong for it (says it is playing HDNet's Live Coverage of the Republican National Convention now). I've watched Mark Cuban's weekly program, HD World Report, Hollywood HD, and InFocus on it along with other sports events and movies. If Voom could get the guide info right for it, it would be great.

You're not getting the "real" HDNet. That's why the program guide isn't accurate.

My local Fox affiliate also shows this version of "HDNet" during the day on weekdays instead of simulcasting the regular Fox programming. HDNet provides this collection of old shows to affiliates OTA. That's what your local affiliate has - not the same HDNet schedule that's "live" via D*, E*, and various cable outlets.

They've been doing this since their inception in the Dallas area and a few other outside markets have used it to fill in gaps in programming.

Wierd! Receiving HDNET on Channel 21 KTXAD1

Programming should be Auto today but getting George Washington - West Virginia game in HD....

Channel 21 shows HDNet on Saturday mornings but it is not live. It is recorded programing but I like to watch it sometimes. I live in Garland.

I've been getting HD-Net for free for a while

San Francisco's Kron Digital 4.1 transmits 4.2 with HD-Net as a nice bonus free OTA , signal comes in perfect .. tends to be sporting events and a mixture of stuff in HD , can't beat the price if it's free :clap

KNBC HD transmits most of their news show in HD after 8pm

"ER" Season opener in HD was fantastic

Voomster :rainbow

1080i said:
HDNet is now expanding into the OTA realm. You may begin to see options in local markets to subscribe to the service via local HD capable stations.

How does one subscribe to free OTA?

hdtvtechno said:
Here is a list where HDNET is shown locally

WJZY-DT Charlotte, NC

:yes yep...I get this one OTA. Broadcasts during the daytime M-F on 46.1 and their regular digital channel on 46.2. 46.1 then switches to UPN-HD for prime time.

Ya know there was some talk a few months back about VOOM trying to penetrate the OTA market. Wonder what ever happened to that.

The local Dallas UPN affiliate, Channel 21 has been broadcasting local HDNet at odd hours for over a year but not so much since some of the UPN programming has gone to HD, like Enterprise. If HDNet is going to broadcast OTA full time in the Dallas area they are going to need there own channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts