HDnet Movies and MonstersHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I had HDnet with D*, but I must say I really enjoy these two channels. They often dont have on anything Im interested in, BUT i do look at their schedules in advance.

I probably end up recording roughly 10 movies off each every month which makes great for a rainy day.

I wish UnivHD would do a better job with movies.

I had HDnet with D*, but I must say I really enjoy these two channels. They often dont have on anything Im interested in, BUT i do look at their schedules in advance.

I probably end up recording roughly 10 movies off each every month which makes great for a rainy day.

I wish UnivHD would do a better job with movies.

I agree. Especially MonstersHD. I've always been a horror movie fan and find myself watching on a consistent basis. My wife and I watched Poltergeist 2 the other day.

Yeah, I recorded all three and watched em over a few days. I know many people complain, but HBO doesnt show movies Id watch 24/7 and it costs extra. After having D*, I feel that MonstersHD is better right now than Chiller, as I want all movies not tv shows.

As soon as the Sopranos ends so does my sub to HBO. I do like HBO HD but not enough to justify the extra$. When I had Com* HBO HD was part of their HD tier (plus got the rest of the HBO's).

Yeah, and HBOHD is bad about showing some crap. I prob. end up watching more movies on the SD HBO's because of the lineup which pisses me off.

Come on guys, Hbo hd IS good. I have watched Son of the Mask and Because of Winn Dixie and V for Vendetta quite a few times. I also have Starz (which i like tons better than hbo hd) besides those two channels, Monsters hd is awesome. Watched Dead Alive the other night. That show is so bloody and funny at the same time. A true cult classic.

HBOHD PQ is great, but what they show leaves a little to be desired. Instead of a simulcast of the reg HBO sd channel, Id rather em just show HD movies,sports and orignal series. But what you get is the same movie over and over again and freaking real sports or other non hd stuff. If HBO did not have HD boxing and original programming, Id cancel.

I might cancel after Sopranos if nothing is coming seeing how Rome is done and entourage is over till next season.

Monsters often beats out Film Fest and World at showing great Japanese films usually with Toshirô Mifune. Where better to find Shaun of the Dead with Simon Pegg? In the IMDB Top 250. Certainly better than MTV, which is now showing it.
-Ken

I love MonstersHD! I usually find several very good movies each month...and Bubba Ho Tep, The Evil Dead, and Army of Darkness are always a welcome treat.

I love MonstersHD too but you left out the absolute best.. Dead Alive. More blood gets spilled here than Home Depot's supply of red paint. Wouldn't you agree? Maybe go ask mum.. lol

Ginger Snaps is another good series of movies. So good I bought all of them on DVD. They are hard to find in stores but easy on eBay. I wonder if MonstersHD will come out with the third one soon. Ginger Snaps 3: A New Beginning.

If HBO did not have HD boxing and original programming, Id cancel.

I might cancel after Sopranos if nothing is coming seeing how Rome is done and entourage is over till next season.

June 10th on HBO-HD starts the new show by David Milch (Deadwood, NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) - "John From Cincinnati".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)