HDNet Movies edited?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Doe anyone know if HD Net edits their movies? I heard a local radio host, that I know has Dish Net, say he DVRed Hoosiers last week and parts were cut out. I also happened to DVR Hossiers last week from HDNet Movies (I am assuming he DVRed it from the same channel)

I Have never seen it and want to see the whole version, do I need to get it on bluray?

It might depend on what time it was showing. Shows such as Art Mann are censored in the early evening but the late night showings are usually not. :eek:

According to IMDB, there's a "TV version" of the movie. I don't think HDMovies would show that version though... I mean, they show the full version of Deliverance !

Here's my guess, There may be a directors cut that contained the scenes the radio host saw previously, and HDNET Movies has a theatrical release version. That seems the only logical explanation

Here's my guess, There may be a directors cut that contained the scenes the radio host saw previously, and HDNET Movies has a theatrical release version. That seems the only logical explanation

Well, if anyone has seen the movie, he said something about the "measuring the hight of the basket" scene was missing. Does anyone know if that is part of the "theatrical release" or not?

I watched "Auto Focus" about Bob Crane from Hogan's Heroes yesterday on HDNM, and there was a scene where Greg Kinnear and Willem Dafoe were watching a home video of "Bob" getting a BJ on a B&W TV, and the image on the B&W TV of the supposed BJ was pixelated out - such that I could not tell what the home video was even showing. I thought it odd, and wondered if HDNM edited it out themselves or if it was actually done as part of the movie...

and from: http://hdnetmovies.com/factsheet.html

"HDNet Movies offers a wide selection of popular theatrical releases ranging from classic and contemporary movies to exclusive, Sneak Preview releases from HDNet Films. All HDNet Movies are uncut, unedited and appear in their Original Aspect Ratio."

Well, if anyone has seen the movie, he said something about the "measuring the hight of the basket" scene was missing. Does anyone know if that is part of the "theatrical release" or not?
I can't imagine that scene would be cut out of any version of Hoosiers.

Can't say I've ever seen the (whole) movie but scenes are sometimes cut (for network play) in order to fit into a time slot. It would usually be scenes that aren't "important", of course. Is that scene important ? I have no idea...

I watch HDNet Movies frequently and don't recall ever seeing a movie edited. Most recently I watched A Few Good Men. Jacko tirade at the end would be a case for cutting because of language when played early in the evening. But given the Channel is similar to a premium it is unlikely.

In the movie Hoosiers there was a "measuring the height of the basket" scene. I don't remember what satellite channel I watched it on, but I've watch parts of this movie twice this month and both times that scene WAS in the movie.

As one poster noted, there are often different versions of beloved movies out in circulation. Often when a DVD re-release or a new Blu-ray release occurs, the studios have transferred and sent out to premium movie channels and HDNET Movies, that latest "Director's Cut" or some other slightly altered version, or rather, these are the versions the channels have the rights to air--"Scenes not in the original release," or even deleted scenes that was an original preference when the movie was first released, but was left in -- that is supposed to add new value to an old movie like Hoosiers. This happens a lot. Recently some of the premiums have been airing "Apocalypse Now Reduex. Only each viewer can say if this or the original version is better.

As a rule, HDNET Movies airs movies just like the premiums: no editing. However, even a release to premiums and DVD's can be slightly different from the theatrical release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts