HDNet Test Pattern??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I know I'm still fairly new to this HD stuff and I'm learning more each day. But I recorded the HDNet test pattern this morning and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with it. I undertand that it supposed to help calibrate my TV, but it gives no instructions on how to do this. Does anyone have any advice?

I've never used the test pattern, but I'm pretty sure I've heard a lot of people say it's pointless or screws up there TVs since you are only calibrating one source and one channel. Even programming on the same channel often demands having different picture settings.

I just use the manufacturers settings on my TV and set them according to what I am watching... I basically switch between the "Normal", "Sports" and "Movie" settings.

basically it just gives you something pretty to look at to see if everything is adjusted ok.

All the circles should be circular not oval, the squares should be the same size and perfectly square, that sort of thing. The announcer explains it a little bit.

smokey982 said:
I know I'm still fairly new to this HD stuff and I'm learning more each day. But I recorded the HDNet test pattern this morning and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with it. I undertand that it supposed to help calibrate my TV, but it gives no instructions on how to do this. Does anyone have any advice?
Check out this: Adjusting your Display with the HDNet Test Patterns

You can grab the INHD version on the newgroups and other places, they give instructions on what to adjust while showing the patterns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)