hdtivo...worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

obeythelaw

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
New Jersey
i just got a new panasonic widescreen hd television. it's beautiful. i bought it to replace a dinky 27 inch tv that had a directivo on it. my question is, is it worth getting the HD Tivo? I really want a DVR and I want the HD. Are there any special deals I can get? I got a 10% coupon in the mail for best buy. will Directv give me any discounts?

I'd say it's worth it. I had HD for a long time without the HD Tivo and now having the HD Tivo makes having HD a much nicer experience, I don't miss anything I want to watch anymore.

Absoulutely LOVE IT! Had an sd TIVO for couple years and got HD version 4 months ago. Wife even using it to record her chick shows in sd. Love being to watch what I want when I want to watch it or rememebr to watch it. gl

I like mine. Menu speeds are not as fast as my standard Tivo boxes, but that is another story. The ability to record HD programming is quite nice.

I know DirecTV was running some deals on this box for a while. I am not sure if they are still doing it. Maybe somebody else can answer that for you.

i noticed that on best buy there is a link on the page for the hd directivo. it shows a 200 rebate. that's pretty nice. does anyone know if that applies?

Running SD DirecTV through that Panasonic is like putting a McDonald's burger on fine china.

It's ... just ... so ... wrong! :(

Really....call customer retention over at Direct. Maybe you can still get one of the cheap deals on a HD Tivo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.