This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HDTV and DISH

dude2 said:
If you lease, you have an indefinate warranty

If your leasing from Dish you better re-read your contract or your going to get a unpleasant surprise.

NightRyder

You'll pay an extra $5 a month extra receiver fee. In your case I see no advantage to buying over leasing.

NightRyder

Except that Dish WILL NOT ALLOW me to lease another box because they said I can only have a maximum of FOUR tuners before I must buy boxes, which is ridiculous! I cannot believe they won't let me lease another 322! I agree, since there is this "extra receiver fee," which is identical to the "receiver leasing fee" of $5, there is no reason that I should pay $150 for my receiver, except that Dish FORCES me to!

Bummer...Try sending an email to ceo@echostar.com - They might be able to help you.

NightRyder

You'll still pay the $5 for an extra receiver regardless of whether or not you own it.

And keep in mind, will you would probably need a DPP44 switch if you want to run 3 dual tuner recievers. Not sure if you have one now or not.

If you want to get your money's worth and guarantee that you'll get all the HD programing out of Dish, get the Platinum package. You won't regret it!

IceMan5043 said:
Why is that? I only need programming from three satellites: 61.5, 110, and 119. So why would I need a DPP44 switch? I thought my DPP34 would work just fine.

If you have 3 dual tuners, that is 6 feeds. So either you need an additional DP34, or replace your DP34 with a DPP44 and dish seperators.