HDTV in chicago?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
bp787 said:
oh... you think you're farther? Hmmmm... I'm actually 230 MI away. you're about 198 MI. I WIN! haha.

But, in a previous post, you said that you were in the Chicago DMA - did you mean you were actually, physically IN the DMA, or that you had "moved" to the DMA?

and I don't really feel like putting up a new dish. Besides, I get the NY feeds in HD. why would I watch anything else lol

Actually at this point, I don't really care about the NY HD feeds, since I don't actually have an HD TV & I already get the 6 NY SD feeds on my E* account. I actually moved to Chicago because I like the Chicago stations MUCH better over my crappy-a$$ locals, especially WCIU-26 & WWME-23 - they are better than TV Land. And since obviously I DO like all these Chicago stations, I don't want them fading out in every rainstorm. (like your Chicago locals do) ;) ;) :) :)

dishrich said:
But, in a previous post, you said that you were in the Chicago DMA - did you mean you were actually, physically IN the DMA, or that you had "moved" to the DMA?

Actually at this point, I don't really care about the NY HD feeds, since I don't actually have an HD TV & I already get the 6 NY SD feeds on my E* account. I actually moved to Chicago because I like the Chicago stations MUCH better over my crappy-a$$ locals, especially WCIU-26 & WWME-23 - they are better than TV Land. And since obviously I DO like all these Chicago stations, I don't want them fading out in every rainstorm. (like your Chicago locals do) ;) ;) :) :)

heh. ummmm. uh, moved. yeah. :smug

meh. I HAVE an HDTV, though, and that's all i really care about :) :)

Only CBS and FOX in NW Cook

I just installed Directv yesterday. I wasn't getting any networks in HD, so I called Directv. I was switched over to the distant locals department where I got CBS and FOX activated, but a waiver filed for ABC and NBC.

I'm in Northwest Cook County in Barrington (errr... my parents are). Would that be Milwaukee that I need a waiver from? How long do the waivers usually take to get processed?

If part of Cook County can't automatically get the HD channels then that must mean that a huge portion of the Chicago area can't (for example, Evanston is only about five miles further from Milwaukee).

Ammonium said:
I'm in Northwest Cook County in Barrington (errr... my parents are). Would that be Milwaukee that I need a waiver from? How long do the waivers usually take to get processed?

Actually, either/also Rockford might be claiming you as grade B - if they do, you'll need to hope they grant you a waiver as well.

If part of Cook County can't automatically get the HD channels then that must mean that a huge portion of the Chicago area can't (for example, Evanston is only about five miles further from Milwaukee).

You are correct - that's why it's sometimes easier just to "move", get your HD nets & be done with it... ;) ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)