HDTV Receiver for $99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyclap

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Just got off the phone with DTV and got a HDTV receiver for $99. Just gave them the "I have a friend who got a deal" pitch. Install will be early next week.

Don't really want or need one right now..but I thought that offer had expired

Brewer4 said:
Call back and ask for the HD Tivo for 299 with 100 rebate. 100 bucks more you get HD DVR.
I don't think that is any good anymore. I called the other day and they told me because I was a good customer they would sell me a DVR for $499.00 with a $100.00 rebate, costing me $399.00. The call was made after I got my Best Customer card, and called the special number.

Beginning Tuesday afternoon we can begin selling the new H20 with a $200 mail-in rebate, making your cost $0.0.

The $200 rebate is also good for the HR10-250, yielding a net cost of $349.00, delivered to your door.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Beginning Tuesday afternoon we can begin selling the new H20 with a $200 mail-in rebate, making your cost $0.0.

The $200 rebate is also good for the HR10-250, yielding a net cost of $349.00, delivered to your door.

-Robert
Can you use the H20 with the 3LNB dish?

I mean I can use another HD Receiver, and if I can get it for net 0, I'll do it.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

For existing customers?

andyclap said:
Just got off the phone with DTV and got a HDTV receiver for $99. Just gave them the "I have a friend who got a deal" pitch. Install will be early next week.

Um, that's much of a deal at all. I got 2 HD receivers for free, discounted programming for 6 months, and an extra $50 credit on my bill. The $50 credit was thrown in because they were having computer problems in customer service and the order took a long time to process, but the rest was just me telling the CSR I wanted HD and to make me a deal on it. The next time you upgrade equipment, you might want to be more patient before asking for the deal you heard about on the internet because they might be able to do you an even better one.

Robert,

I bought an R15 from you this week to replace my UTV and I like it a lot. I'm
tempted to get an H20 to replace my E86 but will I still be able to get a
rebate/decent price on the future HD DVR if I get the H20 with rebate now??

Fran

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert
This always happens to me. I just purchased an H20 last Monday from VE for $200 and activated it and missed the rebate by one week. This sucks. Not VE's fault but it still sucks.

cotybroussard said:
I just called value electronics and she told me that the this deal has been moved until Nov. 25th.

Well, it's not actually moved to 11/25, it was always set to start on 11/25. However, if we ship now you won't get your H20 or HR10-250 till 11/25 anyway and the rebate is determined by the activation date.

-Robert

H20 vs. H10

What does the H20 do that the H10 doesn't? I just had the H10 installed and love it.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert
What happened to free shipping? For existing customers, the shipping changed from free to 9.99 on the site.

How to get rebate on H20?

I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and called today to upgrade to the 5LNB dish and H20 receiver. The cost given to me was $99 installed. How does the $200 rebate I've heard about here work? Is that rebate eligible for what I've ordered?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

Robert when will you also be selling the 5LNB dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts