HDTV receiver question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jermny

Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
I am living in Oklahoma City, OK using a BEV 5200 but I want to switch to a regular HDTV receiver. If I buy a used HDTV unit over eBay (or possibily a new one), can I just swap my card from my 5200 to my new unit and have it work?

Thanks,
Nathan

The answer is no for two reasons.
#1 Cards are married to th receiver they are in.
#2 The 5200 does not have a removable card, it's built in.

next question

ok hmm... well first of all thank you for the straight forward answer. It obviously helps a lot. So I guess my next question is "how". How would I go about setting up an HDTV receiver (such as 6000 series) if I bought it from eBay. If possible, could I get the answer to that question for if it came with a card or not, or previously used card or receiver, etc. Thank you for your time, your help is really really valuable.

Nathan

jermny said:
ok hmm... well first of all thank you for the straight forward answer. It obviously helps a lot. So I guess my next question is "how". How would I go about setting up an HDTV receiver (such as 6000 series) if I bought it from eBay. If possible, could I get the answer to that question for if it came with a card or not, or previously used card or receiver, etc. Thank you for your time, your help is really really valuable.
Nathan
You have to get it authorised from Expressvu! Make sure that the receiver, if used, was released by the previous owner with no charges owed! Also, make sure that it is a real Expresvu receiver and NOT a DISH NETWORK someone has loaded Expressvu software on.

Setup 9200

I am living in Oklahoma City, OK. I am trying to setup a BEV 9200 hdtv receiver but need help on how to get the signal for the 82 sat ? Any help with the setup of the dish would be great. I have got a 90% signal on the 91 sat but if i switch sides on the dish it goes to 0. Do you have to setup justthe 91 first till it is auth or what.

Thanks,
mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts