hdvr2 works on 1 tuner only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DPETRO

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Hi, I am new to this forum and wonder what to do if only 1 tuner works well. (One is fine and the other pixels on most channells) I know its not in the cable because I swapped the cables and the problem stays with the same tuner. Repair possible? Hdvr2is the model receiver.
Thanks for any help or advise! :confused:

Not that it will fix it, but restart your receorder. My HR10-250 did this to me the other day and a reboot fixed it. My preface is because ... it is likely that you have a bad tuner. HDVR2's are available on eBay ... or from me :)

Sounds like another bad tuner. They must have gotton a truckload of faulty tuners when they built these boxes. Compare your signal strenghts on both tuners and let us know if they are close or way off like 95 on tuner 1 and 45 on tuner 2

Tuner 2 problems

DPETRO said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and wonder what to do if only 1 tuner works well. (One is fine and the other pixels on most channells) I know its not in the cable because I swapped the cables and the problem stays with the same tuner. Repair possible? Hdvr2is the model receiver.
Thanks for any help or advise! :confused:

If you are using the s-video output of your DVR to connect to your tv/monitor, try disconnecting the s-video cable and using one of the composite video outputs to connect to your tv/monitor. I was having a similar problem and found this solution on the internet. It seems to work for me. Good luck!

these hd/dvrs
that they came out with from what ive heard is that they push this into production too fast.too many problems with the second tuner/hd componet channels/and they tend to fry quicker than they should.sometimes they fry out when you first hook them up.hope they fix this soon

by the way i also found out the if your using the filters that come with it that on the second tuner that if you take both off it seems to work better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts