Head End for fitness center.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ben_D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hey guys, trying to get a few answers before i pull my hair out.

I understand how headend units work, what i want to know is what is the best way to hook it all up.

I need 25 receivers to be split to 29 tvs, obviously i can only watch 25 channels max. I then have 3 hd tvs that will have their own recievers, which will be able to watch whatever they want.

My question is, what kind of multi switch, modulator, and combiner do i need, and where can i get them? I also need to know what kind of fancy stack system i can get and where to get it.

Is there an intallation diagram that i can get my hands on??

any info is greatly appreciated.

Especially considering the scale of your install, you would need to go through Dish's Commercial Accounts service. At your scale, a commercial account could be LESS expensive than if you were to do all the installation work and cost and cost of boxes yourself. Furthermore, Dish is NOT going to activate multiple Residential Accounts (6 boxes maximum per Residential account) at the same address, and you WILL be referred to Commercial Accounts, anyway.

The Dishstore can handel commercial accounts, call the office and speak with Mike Hanna 800-807-0837

We can either do the entire install, or just ship you the parts.

The cost is about $200 per channel, which includes the modulator and receiver. Plus freight and odds and ends to make this work.

Hey guys, trying to get a few answers before i pull my hair out.

I understand how headend units work, what i want to know is what is the best way to hook it all up.

I need 25 receivers to be split to 29 tvs, obviously i can only watch 25 channels max. I then have 3 hd tvs that will have their own recievers, which will be able to watch whatever they want.

My question is, what kind of multi switch, modulator, and combiner do i need, and where can i get them? I also need to know what kind of fancy stack system i can get and where to get it.

Is there an intallation diagram that i can get my hands on??

any info is greatly appreciated.

i think you can stack up to 4 dp 34 switches.... so this might be what you need

3 30 in dishes w/dp lnb 110 119 129
4 2 way hf pp splitters (split 110 & 119 to switches)
4 dp 34 switches = 16 sat lines 119 & 110
3 dp 44 switches = 12 sat lines 119 110 129
2 12 way combiners & 2 2way spiltters (1 2way to combine combiners & 1 to combine 2 mods)
25 mini mods & 2 mini mod racks & power supplies
25 a/v cables
50 rg 6 jumpers
3 recvr shelves
25 311 recvrs
3 211 recvrs
1 tall rack
1 4 way splitter
4 8 way splitters
1 30db apt amp

think i got the most of it ...

Last edited:

The way I would build that for Bell Tv using legacy equipment (because that is still the norm up here) is this;

2 x 16 output Rack Mounted Multi Switch's & an SW44.

Feed all Rack Mounted Receivers (25) from the 16 ways. If they just need signal from 1 bird.

Take 2 outputs from the 16 Ways, connect to SW44, connect other 2 inputs on the SW44 to 2nd bird. Then feed the HD Receivers from this SW44.

Use a 24 Way Rack Mounted Combiner for outputs from 23 of the Rack Mounted Modulators. Remaining 2 Rack Mounted Modulators go into a 2 Way 3Ghz Splitter, then output of this splitter goes to last port on 24 Way Combiner.

Output of this Combiner feeds a 2 Way 3Ghz Splitter, each leg feeds a 16 Way Strobe. Feeds from each TV, connect to this Strobe.

If required, add an amplifier after Combiner.

Contacting Commercial Accounts or DishStore regarding your big install could also provide a much more efficient install that would provide for all 29 of your TV's, (and more, if necessary) a true head-end, MDU install, considering the scope of your intended install. This would be a far more simple and reliable install and would allow you to watch ALL channels offered on Dish Commercial services, not 25 max as per your post, and be a far more flexible system. In addition Dish would be responsible for any problems to the system and install should they arise.

I'm not certain that after all that hard work you put into your install, Dish will even activate an account on an install of that scale (26-29) and may require you to contact their Commercial Services and may even require that for such a huge install, they be the ones to install it, possibly as a true head-end, MDU. Even many bars only have about 4 or 5 or maybe 7 TV's that can be easily handled by residential equipment. Yours is on the scale of an MDU.

Now, it is a fact of life there are some small businesses out there that have a few TV's and they self-install and open a residential account (knowing better). I do not condone nor promote that; I merely state it as fact of life. However, a few TV's or a few boxes just doesn't cause alarm bells go off at Dish, but 25 boxes; that is gonna get a big question mark, and my end up costing you more money in the long run than necessary. Or you could just contact Claude.

Last edited:
As far as activating the account, you can do it one of two ways...

#1 You can activate it as a public/private account, the issue there is that your limited to a max of 15 tuners per account.

I have done a few accounts like this, and sometimes it requires 2 accounts. Sometimes you can get away with a smaller package like locals only on the second account.

#2 You can do it as a free to guest, there is no limit on the number of receivers but its billed as per drop.

The key is you need to figure out what channels you want to watch and then we can look at all the options to see which way is better.

The paperwork to activate this type of account is easy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)