Headphone DAC/amplifier

Discussion in 'A/V Receivers, Amplifiers and Speakers' started by Ilya, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ilya

Ilya Topic Starter Proud Staff Member Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

I am spending a lot of time listening to music in headphones lately, so I am thinking of getting a dedicated DAC/Amplifier that would also be capable of decoding Hi-Res Audio. Currently my main source of music is TIDAL, which in addition to its lossless CD-quality streaming and downloads now offers MQA Masters (typically at 96 kHz / 24 bit). In order to take full advantage of that audio format though, you need MQA-compatible equipment.

I am looking for something relatively portable, something that would work with my laptop and also with an iPhone, so I could easily carry it around the house and also take it with me when I travel. Hoping to stay within $200 or so.

After doing some research, I have narrowed down my selection to these two popular choices:

Any thoughts?

2. Foxbat

Foxbat Addicted to new HW Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

#2 Foxbat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:34 AM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 1:51 AM
    Ilya likes this.
  3. Ilya

Ilya Topic Starter Proud Staff Member Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

#3 Ilya, Aug 17, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Separate names with a comma.

More...