Hearst Television and Dish Dispute/Negotiations

Usually sub channels are syndicated stations such as This TV, Antenna TV, RTV etc...) they have an agreement with those channels to use the guide data since those programmers own the copyright to the schedule not the individual tv station.
But if a subchannel has some kind of local programming (local news, sports, whatever), THAT shows up, right? The agreement you mention wouldn't cover those.

And I still say if Dish was "looking out for the customer", they would provide a way to utilize PSIP information if Tribune is pulled (or down for whatever reason). Yes, I get that PSIP data only goes out hours instead of days, but hours is still better than nothing.

Hello, we are pleased to announce that DISH and Hearst Television have reached a multi-year agreement and the channels will be restored by 11 AM MT.

Oh boy! and since AAD is gone when will we get Distant Networks back so that homeowners etc. can have access to something other than the tunnel vision of the locals?

Cincinnati's Market sub channels are also very dynamic:
NBC has MeTV with local inserts and is also used for news and weather when NBC has special events. Also local weather breaks in for weathergasms. The EPG on this sub-channel was untouched even when there was a local news program on the channel.
CBS has CW with local news,
ABC has a local weather channel with the mandatory FCC E/I programming on the weekends locally originated.
PBS from Covington (KET) has two locally (Lexington) originated sub-channels
PBS from Oxford has one LO
PBS from Cincinnati inserts their own programs on CET Arts.

Cincinnati's Market sub channels are also very dynamic:
NBC has MeTV with local inserts and is also used for news and weather when NBC has special events. Also local weather breaks in for weathergasms. The EPG on this sub-channel was untouched even when there was a local news program on the channel.
CBS has CW with local news,
ABC has a local weather channel with the mandatory FCC E/I programming on the weekends locally originated.
PBS from Covington (KET) has two locally (Lexington) originated sub-channels
PBS from Oxford has one LO
PBS from Cincinnati inserts their own programs on CET Arts.
Do the EPGs show the local programming or the national programming? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the sub-channel EPG being "untouched".

Our CBS affiliate has CW on a subchannel. But they'll sometimes put local ballgames on the subchannel. I'm pretty sure the ballgame is listed in the EPG.

Do the EPGs show the local programming or the national programming? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the sub-channel EPG being "untouched".

Our CBS affiliate has CW on a subchannel. But they'll sometimes put local ballgames on the subchannel. I'm pretty sure the ballgame is listed in the EPG.

Mine it is not. Last season's games and the home opener last week for the Tulsa minor league baseball team, our Rtv affiliate listings on Dish did not include the baseball games, just the regular Rtv listings.

That's probably my one gripe, is the listings are not correct or totally missing for some of our subchannels. We have no listings for MeTv on our Fox affiliate subchannel. Even though we have listings for OETA, OETA OKla and OETA Kids, we have no listings for OETA Create. Now Get TV was added to KMYT last week, on 41.2 and Zuus was moved from 41.2 to 41.3 and so listings changed from Zuus to Get Tv on 41.2 just fine but now Zuus has no listings on 41.3.

The CW, PBS and NBC sub-channels show the correct programming info. By "untouched" i meant that the EPG was not blocked out by "special program info" as was the main NBC channel that was involved in the dispute.

I will state again, I do not believe for an instant, the copyright excuse for the EPG of the OTA channel being blocked.

By the way, the EEPG was fine, it was just the standard this program and next program EPG that was messed up on these channels. My DVR timers I'd set earlier fired properly and was labeled properly on OTA even though the EPG showed "Special Info" or whatever. This happened not too long ago when I think Scripps channels were yanked briefly.

...and was labeled properly on OTA even though the EPG showed "Special Info" or whatever. This happened not too long ago when I think Scripps channels were yanked briefly.
I suspect the programs themselves have some data embedded in them that the DVR reads. Ever hit "Info" at the very start of a recording, where it's actually showing you the previous show (from the 1-minute padding), it will show the title, description, etc of that previous show, not your recording's info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts