Heavy Duty RG6 Cable

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
Does anyone know if a special heavy duty rg6 cable is made that can stand being rolled out and put away for use with the tailgater? I thought I was very tender with my cable till last night.

Thanks

stay away from the solid copper core if it is getting rolled up constantly, especially in cold weather. it is too soft.
the copper coated steel core is more durable

Get a orange extension cord reel from the hardware store and roll up your RG-6 coax on it each time rather than handling the coax. This will keep the center conductor from breaking and the line from kinking. Don't try to wrap it tight around something because the coax will still break. Those cord reels are great. Also keep a spare run on hand because coax is cheap and easy to store.

Get a orange extension cord reel from the hardware store and roll up your RG-6 coax on it each time rather than handling the coax. This will keep the center conductor from breaking and the line from kinking. Don't try to wrap it tight around something because the coax will still break. Those cord reels are great. Also keep a spare run on hand because coax is cheap and easy to store.

An extension power cord uses multi-strand wire (30-40 wires), coax cable has a single conductor. You don't roll coax cable onto a 6"-8" diameter reel, that is why his coax is breaking! Such a reel may be OK if you use it once a year but not once a week.

I was only offering a suggestion to help the person who started this post. Sorry you didn't read my post that way. The original post did not mention weather or not they are using a reel or not, just stated they roll out and put away the coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts