Hello all, I'm new to the forum from Maryland.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timothymallon

Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Thank you for having me. Has anybody here ever used a Acutrac22 to perform a dish alignment on the new AUG9 5LNB dish??? I just got my dish and alignment meter today. My corse adjustments are done. When I hooked up my meter, the screen goes black, then it goes blank, then black again, then blank again, etc...etc.... with an interval of about 2 seconds between screen changes. Has anybody seen this before? My signal chain is this: LNB, meter, KA/KU multiswitch, BBC, HR20 HD DVR. There is only one other receiver in my system, but it's about three+ years old. Both receivers are on. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tim Mallon, Service Technician
Bearcom Communications Worldwide

Tim,
Try this.(If it is easy & safe).......Remove the meter. Install a jumper from the dish to one of the old receivers...connected to a TV you can hear turned up.......open the signal meter on the receiver and set it to transponder 23..........note the az & el for the 101 sat......(You can set the tilt first or later)................This will give you 101, 110 & 119.
Connect your meter and tune 119 to test your meter.
Connect all the receivers as required....adjust & lock the dither when you get HD.
Your meter won't give you the KA freqs.

Hope this helps......post back.
Joe

Joe,
Thanks for the advice, but I found my problem. Apparently, I wasn't getting enough voltage from the receiver to power my meter. I went to Radio Shack and purchased an AC/DC wall wart (12VDC 800mA) and soldered it in where the accessory battery jack went. Worked like a champ after that. I aligned off of 101 and 119. I admit that I didn't go through the dither procedure or through the procedure given in the dish installation instructions, but I have signal in the high 90's on all birds and most transponders. Once again, thanks for the help.

Tim

Tim,
Glad you got it. One detail furthur; the az they give you is for the 110 sat and not he 101. I got dizzy trying to follow the dither instructions. I also noted that the demo tape DTV put out on the 5lnb dish was done on a pole mounted on the ground on a clear day.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts