Hello from Volcan Panama

Status
Not open for further replies.

billbaio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Hello All,

I live near Volcan, Panama. Getting my feet wet with c band ku band fta at the moment with a 240 cm center focus dish, Viewsat Xtreme, and a Neosat 6000. Slowly starting to aquire info on conditions here. DSS programing from DirecTv Latin America is available, but it's not up to par with stateside offerings. Well, that''s my story and one more time, hello to all.

Bill

Hi, Bill

I am also new at FTA in Panama (Rep of Panama)...at Panama City. I just bought a similar dish (prime focus 2.40 meters) and I am getting a Coolsat 5000 and a Viewsat Lite receivers. LNB will be an Invacom Quad Polar LNB with a separate feedhorn. What is your experience in getting signals from northern hemisphere satellites? I hope to have my setup ready in about a month or so, but would like some feedback from people that are already in Panama.

Cybergrizzly

FTA in PANAMA

I've used FTA in the US but not in Panama, was wondering which providers where you able to acquire and what where the sat settings? Thanks

Should be similar to the east coast of the US mainland.

Bill & Cybergrizzly,

Seems like everyone I contact either does not cover Panama with a satellite or wants more in a month for subscriber fees than my coffee farm makes in a year. Please let me know how you guys found out where to go for your satellite receivers and providers.

Muchos gracias,
Marty

moving to Panama

I am in the process of moving from Canada to Panama, Coronado specifically

I agree that direct tv down there is pretty bad, I hope we can catch US/CDN sats down there.

We need to stay in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)