Hello Guys I really Need Your Help...

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey gang I don't post on here much unless something really tickles my fancy or gets me mad like what hapen today... While eating my supper tonight the phone rings well no biggie I thought it might be a friend of mine calling to chat with me. My wife answers the phone and it was Dish doing their normal upselling of HBO and CINEMAX... Me and my wife have AT 180, Locals, Two set top boxes with one being a DVR 510... The pitch was made for us to upgrade and we decided to stick with what we have... 67 bucks is a pretty good chunk as it is... This is where the sales pitch turned ugly and is really making me and my wife consider switching to DirecTV... After my wife told the sales rep that we did not want to upgrade the rep went crazy on my wife and said "whats The Matter Are You A Tight Ass Or What???" This really pissed me off because when you say something like that to my wife you have then crossed the line of respect... Since all outbound call centers must use caller ID I tried calling the numjber back and demanded that I speak with a supervisor now... According to the supervisor there was no call made to my number from their call center and there was nothing they could do... Since I am sick plus working a busy sked this week I did not have the energy to really go tit or tat... The number that came up on the ID was the 866-668-8047. Who would be the best person or persons that I could contact... I have been with Dish since march of 2000 and this is the first time I have ever had anybody so rude from Dish ever call my family... Just needed to vent and get some advice... CC

Make sure your send off a nice email, dont go off on them. And make sure you give them your phone number because they will call you back.

Actually, the person who called you may well be working for a contracted telemarketing company. We have them in our area and the people they hire are not proffesional people. I was laid off from my job and worked for one of these companys for a week to help pay the bills. I heard alot of phone conversations where some young person that didn't really want to work would act like that to customers. Bottom line is Dish as a company would never directly allow that type of behavior, but the companies they hire to do thier telemarketing are not as worried about losing customers, as they are only hired for a contracted number of phone numbers and time. Might consider that befor eyou call and go off on dish.

They will certainly do the Sh*t rolls down hill thing on that company.

I just called that number and someone named Tony answered the phone saying, "Hello, Dish Network may I help You?" I told him I was selling Girl Scout cookies on behalf of my daughter. Since I was such a good customer, I suggested that he buy at least a half-dozen boxes. He hung-up on me...:confused:

Send an eamil to ceo@dishnetwork.com. Explain to them what happened and if you did manage to get the persons name include that with the email. Every company has bad employees and sometimes the companies need the publics help in sorting them out. I would guess they could track the phone conversation if you provided your phone number, name, and date and time you received the call.

Forgot to mention.... I had this happen once with a phone company.... won't mention names.... AT something...... I called them cabk explained to them what happened, they said it would never happen again and a week later I had a $100 check in the mail....... nice litte suprise!!!

Well I did a Google myself. This is defiantly not Dish Network.

Its a contractor who has been pissing people off for almost a year. There are a few news group posts trying to trace exactly which company this number is being bounced around at and not gotten very far.

I've had a D* Telemarketer that calls weekly for about 3 weeks and then stops for a month or two and then starts again. The CID number is always disconnected or not in service type response. So even though there supposed to by law now provide a Customer Service Number on the CID for such things as complaints or removal requests there are a few that still don't and evidently round robin there calls to keep you from tracking them down and reporting them.

I can also tell you right now. Not all Call Center companies are this bad. My girlfriend and I both worked for West Telemarketing in Omaha. Her in inbound direct sales and me in the Interactive group as a Dial-Up support tech. If an employee had said something like that to a customer and a Sup over herd it or QA caught it later on the recordings there butt would have been terminated with a never rehire status.

Thanks for all the imput guys... Just a quick update I emailed Dish and so far I have not heard any response back from them... I gave them all the information that you guys suggested... Me and my wife are going to be out this weekend and now that Rockford locals are on Directv if the right deal comes along I may take a look at what they offer... With what happen I have a really sour taste in my mouth from Dish and I even had a few people who I was going to refer through some Club Dish coupons... That is all been put on hold... I will keep you guys updated on the outcome... CC

BrianMis said:
I was just stating what I found, but the number has since been tied to a contractor so it is not Dish, sorry my bad.

No Problem at all. I do know that sometimes even though they are contractors, they do indirectly work for the specific company they are marketing for and are required to answer the phone as such, might be a law or just an agreement with the telemarketing Co.

mogack said:
No Problem at all. I do know that sometimes even though they are contractors, they do indirectly work for the specific company they are marketing for and are required to answer the phone as such, might be a law or just an agreement with the telemarketing Co.
Its always part of the contract if they have a direct number that doesn't go though some sort of auto routing center like Earthlinks 800 numbers do. We had a direct line to our Call center but Tier 2 was the only ones allowed to give it out and was routed to a call screener who would dump some one who previously got support from tier two and held onto it into the national queue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts