Hello Guys...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

radsat.co.uk

Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
nr Gloucester, UK
... my name is Geoff and I run the radsat.co.uk website. If you look at the site you will see my satellite equipment. The reason I joined is to see how the satellite hobby works in the U.S.A. and, if it's ok with you guys, any information that would be useful on the website. I live in a small town called Ross-on-Wye in the county of Herefordshire here in England. My "downlink station" is at my mother's house 9 miles east of my home as she has more room there.

Please may I say thanks for sending me the birthday greetings. It's my 40th birthday!

best regards to all..... Geoff Boyce ( www.radsat.co.uk )

Greetings and welcome, Feel free to look around as there are allways many here who are more than willing to help. I maybe heading to your neck of the woods soon (atleast an area that I can get euro birds from) I might be looking for help in getting uk tv and internet via sat. :)

I'd be willing to consider mayhem to get to watch the series "The Monastery." I know it's not that great a show, but I saw an episode or 2 in London on vacation and would LOVE to get the series. Not for sale, sad to say. Didn't seem like they ever planned to sell it.

I'm still bummed over the end of "Coupling" and that they stopped rerunning certain other BritComs- As Time Goes By, that grocery store one I never remember the name of, etc.

Happy Birthday Geoff Boyce, it's just after 10p.m. (edt) in Mid-Georgia. You are probably sleeping at this time. I'd like to welcome you to our forum. I took a quick look at your web site and found it interesting. It would be of more interest to me if you were a store. I did look at your friends store (ADL) site also. What would interest me most is an Mpeg4 receiver, that will do NTSC, and could be shipped to the states for under $1000. There are no Mpeg4 receivers available in the states for FTA as yet. The 2 on the Superstore site (which I've seen before), the Pace list PAL but not NTSC, the Humax list neither. I'm know it's PAL, but don't know about NTSC. The states are so far behind Europe in the FTA World. Enough said, later....

Al

If he shipped you something out of europe, voomvoom, wouldn't it be 220v 50 cycle?

Don't know? I have a Qualitv QS 1080IR receiver (from Europe), purchased here in the states and it has 2 cords. 1 for 220v 50 cycle (European) and 1 for 110v 60 cycle (States). So maybe it can do both. The Qualitv will do both PAL and NTSC. The new Mpeg4 receivers, I've looked at from Europe, don't mention NTSC. But Thanks navychop, you've brought up something else to make sure about. I appreciate that.

Al

Thanks for the greetings chaps. Sorry that I don't own a shop. I thought most modern satboxes were of universal power supplies nowadays and of 50-60 hertz.. I maybe wrong. As far as I know... there is no such thing as an FTA mpeg4 receiver...as there are only demo channels here in Europe but no free channels with decent programming on them as yet.
Can I use the Satelliteguys logo on my website to promote the wonderful camaradery on this website?

cheers.... Geoff B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts