hello i how are you guys i need help with a 6 foot c band dish i will discribe bellow what i need to

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bri40

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
mass
hello guys i need some help iam currently installing a c band dish the lnb is c/ku dmx 741 standard my true south is 72 w so i point m dish on 72 w my actuator can only track 72 w to around 137 i install my motor on the left side on the dish so am having problem tracking the whole arc 40w to w 139 so i have been on it for long time i ask for help my actuator will not travel father it stop to at amc 6 it wont track the whole arc them stop at 72 i reset my gbox the gear from the actuator stop at 72 so i need some help to get the motor track the whole arc am sure am making experience someone could be better know about that than me hope i got some answer thanks my actuator is 24 inc powertech

hello i forgot to say my dish is 6 foot prime focus i bought from sadoun is there anyone can help me please

hello guys i need some help iam currently installing a c band dish the lnb is c/ku dmx 741 standard my true south is 72 w so i point m dish on 72 w my actuator can only track 72 w to around 137 i install my motor on the left side on the dish so am having problem tracking the whole arc 40w to w 139 so i have been on it for long time i ask for help my actuator will not travel father it stop to at amc 6 it wont track the whole arc them stop at 72 i reset my gbox the gear from the actuator stop at 72 so i need some help to get the motor track the whole arc am sure am making experience someone could be better know about that than me hope i got some answer thanks my actuator is 24 inc powertech
Since you see up to 139.0° maybe you should have your actuator located on the right side, instead of the left as you currently have it. Did you reset(clear) the actuator's set limit?

Last edited:
If your actuator won't move further east that 72, then the one of 3 things is going on. Either the actuator physically can't be retracted anymore, or they is a mechanical limit set, or there is a software limit set in your receiver. or 4 a software limit set in your gbox, which you said you reset so not that.

I agree with Bab, I would put it on the right side if you are going all the way that far west.

ok guys thanks for the answer is what am worry about i like to know if i put the actuator on the right side will i be able to move the dish 30w to 139 w amk just taking very carfull answer can the actuator track the whole arc 30 from the right side please let me know thanks

Retract the actuator all the way. Adjust actuator mounting to pole so dish is a little further, to the side the actuator is on, than you need it to travel. Watch as you extend the actuator so you don't 'over center' the dish where it flops over or binds. When it's extended as far as you need it, or as far as possible, set the actuators internal limit switch.

Last edited:
hello fat air how are you i need to ask a question . to anyone can answer my question my dish size is 240 centimeter my actuator is 24 inches harl powertech. like i ask before their told me to swap my actuator to the right side i did made it no diffrence. the last stop from my dish from 30w to 72 w the actuator will not track crossing 30 w to 139, the last stop from my dish from 30w to 72 w .so am thinking the the size from my actuator wil not track the entire arc ,so here my question is it possible for me to add a a bigger actuator than the 24 inch. am using a gbox for my actuator with 4 wires input 2 for the sensor, and two wire for the motor am try to think the actuator might be not the correct size for my dish, i like to know please if anyone can give me some id, actuator i adjust it many time from 30 w last stop reach it stop at 72 w. please tell me please what to do thank you

hello guys seriously dont buy satellite system from sadoun this is where i bought my dish i have big hard time to get touch with them whend i call their hang up the phone in my face or their put me on hold never get back to me i feel bad about it am very good sadoun customer their dont wanna help me even i wanna order stuff from them like dont wanna sel to me either i was talking to my wife she tell me to compplaint for them i tell ne her no am not gonna do that i cant beleve you but something from someone their dont wanna help me wasiting money and time i think before you buy from a compagny you should who their are i call the guy from sadoun hes like hanging phone in my face hes not helping me i just give up in the whole thing sorry mod you would feel the same way

since the motor is only moving 40 degrees of the arc from (30 degrees to 72 degrees ) here must be a limit switch involved.
it could be at the motor (pictures of motor with back cover off would help) or a software limit is set ( a reset might be in order and then setup the limits on the gbox)

i would start with a reset of the gbox and then setup the east & west limits ( via gbox) then see if you have full travel of arc ( should be able to go about 80 - 110 degrees of travel (it varies for each dish)

another helpful item is a picture of the actuator arm as currently mounted on the dish. picture of it extender full length and retracted . these would be helpful for everyone to answer & help out :)

main thing is not to get discouraged or frustrated .. this group of guys can help almost anyone

thanks i will post a picture might be not today and yes i did reset the motor it only travel only on one side how to i set limit on the g box i did set it up on on the reciever some thing could be wrong tracking the arck it might be on the actuator it could be a secret on it i have never seen a motor track like that thanks

You can't conclude that you got bad products yet.

On the positive side, if you can potentially grab 137, that is 65 degrees west of your longitude. That should mean you can go way down to less than ten degrees west. There are a lot of satellites in that arc.

Check your wiring.Check your actuator and especially make sure its on there straight. Oil up your dish mechanism. Reset your mover.

Looks to me, whatever side you put your actuator on, when the dish is on 72 west, it should be right in the dead center of the throw.

Stay patient. You'll be happy in the end.

another limitation and i didn't think of it earlier but fond it metioned in another thread once you get to 72 from 40 east side mount , some have mentioned a limitation from the dish mount itself , so make sure the motor arm isn't getting into a bind on the dish mount as it gets close to 72

I have a V-Box that came with an remote control and I can use the remote to go passed the set satellite position, I do not know if the G-box can do the same. Currently I do not have any limit set in my v-box nor my receiver.

But, ..... You can check if the actuator itself is at fault. Remember that the actuator itself could have limits set and I do not know anything about this actuator.
You could turn off the power and unplug your G-box and receiver. Leave the G- Box and receiver disconnected all the time while doing this.
Then disconnect the motor leads that is coming from your G-Box on the actuator.
Connect 2 wires to the actuator on the motor terminal, MAKING SURE THAT YOU DO NOT CONNECT THESES 2 WIRES TO THE REED SWITCH TERMINAL and then connect the wires to a 12 volt or 24 volt ( 2 12 volt batteries in series) to a battery.
To reverse the travel of your actuator just reverse the polarity of the 2 wires.
Do this at the dish so you can see what is going on, and if there is a bind or a stop disconnect the battery right away and see what the cause is.

I used a double pole - double throw momentary switch with center position of the switch OFF a while back to aim and adjust my dish, this way I was able to stop the dish with the switch and I was able to change directions without having to disconnect the wires from the battery or actuator. I took the receiver, cheap signal meter and a TV to the dish and hooked it straight to the dish without my V-box so I can match the dish to the arc.
Here is a wire-diagram. 4-4-2012 010.JPG

Here are some pictures.4-4-2012 003.JPG4-4-2012 005.JPG
My first free dish, 7.5 feet K-tronics3-16-2012 003.JPG

Last edited:
Bri40, measure the length of the extended portion of your actuator. If it's not close to the 'advertised' 24 inches, I suspect that the internal limit switch is stopping it from extending more. Open it up and take a 'look see'.
Or it could also be the limits set in the GBox.
Ref: my actuator at 55W and then at 137W

Attachments

• 55W.jpg
    55W.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 137W_20inchs.jpg
    137W_20inchs.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 137W.jpg
    137W.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 155
Bri40, measure the length of the extended portion of your actuator. If it's not close to the 'advertised' 24 inches, I suspect that the internal limit switch is stopping it from extending more. Open it up and take a 'look see'.
Or it could also be the limits set in the GBox.
Ref: my actuator at 55W and then at 137W

I am confused where exactly you measure the distance.
Does the measurement stop at the boot etc ?
Thanks Fat Air.

You stated here that you have a limit set on the receiver.
The receiver will control the G-Box. So if you have a limit set on the receiver, the receiver will tell the G-Box that a limit is set and will stop at the limit set by the receiver.
Undo you limit at the receiver and see what happen.

thanks i will post a picture might be not today and yes i did reset the motor it only travel only on one side how to i set limit on the g box i did set it up on on the reciever some thing could be wrong tracking the arck it might be on the actuator it could be a secret on it i have never seen a motor track like that thanks

You stated here that you have a limit set on the receiver.
The receiver will control the G-Box. So if you have a limit set on the receiver, the receiver will tell the G-Box that a limit is set and will stop the G-Box at the limit set by the receiver.
Undo you limit at the receiver and see what happen.

I measured from the end of the larger outside tube(center of boot) @ 55W it's extended about 2.5 inches to the end of inner tube. @ 135W its at 20 inches. If it stops say at 16 inches of extension on a 24 inch actuator, there's a limit set somewhere. Either the internal switch or the GBox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts