Hello March, nice to see you. Now give me my damn DVR!!!

adidadi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
Well, March is almost here and i couldn't even wait till now, so I jumped on the Adelphia Moxi for HD PVR, but I hate to maintain 2 services when all I need is for Voom to give us the DVR in March.
Voom promissed the DVR in November of last year, but failed to meet that date. Now March was promissed. WILL THEY MEET THEIR COMMITTMENT?
Any news, or solid speculation for that matter?

adidadi said:
Well, March is almost here and i couldn't even wait till now, so I jumped on the Adelphia Moxi for HD PVR, but I hate to maintain 2 services when all I need is for Voom to give us the DVR in March.
Voom promissed the DVR in November of last year, but failed to meet that date. Now March was promissed. WILL THEY MEET THEIR COMMITTMENT?

No,, none, nadda. Hang in there, good things are worth the wait.

No Answer

I have no clue i would be happy to see there DVR also but i guess we should be patient and thankful Voom is still around i would like them to add there channels soon especially there HD channels. :D

adidadi said:
WILL THEY MEET THEIR COMMITTMENT?

In case you haven't been paying attention for the last 6 weeks, VOOM has been having its own problems. First the service has to continue to exist. That almost didn't happen. So how many balls can you keep in the air at the same time and never let one fall? First things first. I am sure the DVR will be here but make sure there is a service who can sell or rent you a DVR first.

gutter said:
In case you haven't been paying attention for the last 6 weeks, VOOM has been having its own problems. First the service has to continue to exist. That almost didn't happen. So how many balls can you keep in the air at the same time and never let one fall? First things first. I am sure the DVR will be hear but make sure there is a service who can sell or rent you a DVR first.

VOOM may be having their problems but they have never stopped charging customers for their service. Therefore, I would expect them to meet the commitments that they made to those customers. They absolutely promised the DVR by March and absolutely promised more HD channels by March.

I don't know how old some of you guys are. But it reminds me of my son a few years ago when I read these posts:

"But, Daddy, you promised!"

Give it a rest. We are big boys now! :p

Voom will make money on the DVRs. They aren't holding them back. The DVR will be here when it is here.

There is going to be NO!!!!!!!! DVR in march.. VOOM CSR has been saying that for a while they are talking MID JUN or July!!!!!!!!!!!! VOOM has been saying there would be a DVR out since LAST JUNE 2004 I quit holding my breath..... I would be dead If I Did.............

1080iBeVuMin said:
I don't know how old some of you guys are. But it reminds me of my son a few years ago when I read these posts:

Voom will make money on the DVRs. They aren't holding them back. The DVR will be here when it is here.

[]"Are we there yet daddy?? Daddy...Daddy...are we there yet? I have to pee]

1080iBeVuMin said:

Last I checked my kids weren't paying me. If they were paying me for something that I promised to them then I would hope that I could set a proper example by living up to my promises.

jnardone said:
Last I checked my kids weren't paying me. If they were paying me for something that I promised to them then I would hope that I could set a proper example by living up to my promises.
You are paying for a signal and whatever else is in your contract. Anything outside that is somewhere between marketing hype and pre-announcement. Stomping your feet won't accomplish anything. That's a good lesson to teach your kids, too.

If you are getting the number of signals..VOOM trasmits... you are getting what you paid for. That is what you contracted for. When a DVR is offered..it won't be free and you will have to make a decision. But you got what you paid for.

Well, I see all of your points, but you are missing one point: When they drilled their satellite into my house and ran cables, it was under the promise that a DVR would be released in Novemeber 2004 which would justify the $ 1000.00 Investment I made on the equipment and create a VIABLE alternative to the Ultimate Tv set up I have been spoiled with for time shifting. So don't leave out the important stuff such as the BIG promises given over the phone to lure me in. I am lured and undelivered, so i am watching and paying for 2 services with Adelphia Moxi and some analog channels that are nothing short of revolting. The picture looks like a blotchy puddle of runny poodle doo doo.

adidadi said:
..it was under the promise that a DVR would be released in Novemeber 2004 which would justify the $ 1000.00 Investment I made...I am lured and undelivered, so i am watching ...picture looks like a blotchy puddle of runny poodle doo doo.
I'd be mad at the person who decided to accept the VOOM service agreement as-is when signing up, and who later decided to watch blotchy puddles of poodle doo doo. VOOM didn't make them do it :D .

Rob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)