Hello to the Group

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim Portner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Southwest US
Hi. This is my first post and I just wanted to thank all of you guys for being there as a resource. I live in Arizona and have a c/ku band big dish, 4dtv receiver, and an MPEG receiver. It's been several years since I've tuned my dish, and was wondering if you could point me to a good source or chart showing all 24/7 fta programming on the c-bank and/or ku-band arc. I'd just like to tune things up but can't find any source like this and -- from what I can see -- there's very little or no 24/7 fta programming on most of the satellites. Whatever you can do to help would be very much appreciated. Or maybe you know of a completely different way to tune up my dish than the "traditional" method I've always used in the past. I'm kind of a dinosaur! Thx for the help. jp

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList
This is a good place to start.
You do not need to actually "see" the programing, just peak the signal with your receivers.
I would not worry about C Band on Sats that have Ku too. Just peak using Ku and C Band should be in place. I would also use your MPEG receiver for tweaking, more transponders to choose from.

Welcome Jim, from another dinosaur, haha!
Tuning c-band isn't nearly as easy as it used to be in the old days, hardly no analog signals left.
I'm going to agree that tuning using the ku channels and fta receiver should also have the c-band signals peaked too.

Thank you. This really helps. What may be rudimentary to you is valuable to me, as I'm try to get a grasp on things in a post-analog world. jp

I live in Arizona and have a c/ku band big dish, 4dtv receiver, and an MPEG receiver.
what little box do you own ?

there's very little or no 24/7 fta programming on most of the satellites.

about the same as cable lot's of "paid programs" late at night.
but still alot more than when we were young and it went to snow lol.

what kinda programing do you like sports old network shows old movies etc ?

Or maybe you know of a completely different way to tune up my dish than the "traditional" method I've always used in the past. I'm kind of a dinosaur! Thx for the help. jp

not much changes save the names of the sats and the boxes needed to pick up wild feeds and the networks.
the numbers stay much the same 89° 99° etc.

here is a chart this dinosaur uses alot.
save a copy as 4dtv is going the slow death.

http://callnps.com/Sat_Chart_0908.pdf

another
North & South America - LyngSat

Welcome back

As far as programming, I most enjoy grabbing wild feeds of sporting events. College and pro football, hockey, etc.

Skyvision.com Has a satellite arc diagram that i use for my GI 920 to set up sat. to receiver for the usal.I am new to cband and just got 10 ft CM up and tuned in.It took a few weeks but I did it form the help from the guys at this site. I am getting a lot of sports different nfl games and college football and basket ball and getting abc ,nbc, cbs,fox,wb,espn MNF,now looking at thurs nite football, rtn east and west and a lot of wild feedsI live here in Arizona and i have the begining to the end and pics from rebuilding the motor to digging hole it is here posted on SatelliteGuys and it is a great community very helpful.A lot of feed are HD an DVB-S DVB-S2 which i use Pansat 9200 HD and other feeds are 4:2:0 ande 4:2:2 wihich i was looking at Azbox not yet bought maybe Santa will buy for me.

JP;

Welcome!

We old dogs can not only learn new tricks, but can we walk down the hill and get ALL those cows!

I suggest reading a lot of the older posts and use the search function, a lot of good material has been covered here, you may even consider adding a 2nd dish for playing around with....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts