Help a trucker with his plans.

mp3trojan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I have talked to the supervisor of installers here. We have a BIG dealer/installation co. here. He says it will work.

Need the info from someone who could possibly test or knows for sure.

Question: If I had a 722 and a round dish. Point the round dish at either 61.5 or 129(depending on my location) do a check switch and watch TV?

Thanks in advance.

I have a system with only 61.5 but it did have 119 when I first installed it. It works fine with only the 61.5 satellite. I have a 722 vip. I don't know if you will have problems with the initial configuration though. I don't understand what the check switch will do without a switch but you do probably have to designate this as a dish 1000 and fool the system. I hope this helps some.

Thanks.
I'll get OTA from the internal antenna in this truck. Which works surprisingly well.

Thank you all. I just really wanted to know I would be driven nuts with "No signal" banners cause no 110/119.

Within weeks I will have a 34' Sony Bravia. E*722, BD, and OTA HDTV.

I'll post pics when done. Gonna be nice!!

you will need to connect both tuners though, either with a satellite rated splitter or 2 lines from you dish to avoid any receiver issues.....

Isn't the 722 just the "plain jane" single tuner E* IRD? As you can see in my sig. I'm an D* sub for years and have never had E*. Just installed them, but that was back in the legacy days. As we all know gettine HD from D*, that gargantuan dish will not go on the mirror of a truck. not to mention aiming it..ugh.

Go Wings.
Can't wait to see Modano wearing the winged wheel this fall!

the 722 is a dual tuner dvr, and with only one tuner connected it will be buggy.

boy you and me both with this Modano deal. looking forward to another great season!

probably would be better off in your rig with the 211, although the 722's are real nice......

also would like too see the pics of your set up when you wrap it up.....sounds real sweet...

you will need to connect both tuners though, either with a satellite rated splitter or 2 lines from you dish to avoid any receiver issues.....

I don't think so. You will need to run two coax, or use a "separator" from the single coax. It has two outputs, one for each tuner input. It is not a splitter. The word for the day is "bandstacking."

probably would be better off in your rig with the 211, although the 722's are real nice......

also would like too see the pics of your set up when you wrap it up.....sounds real sweet...

Maybe a 211K and an external HD so He has DVR capabilities. Then he could watch a show and record a show as long as OTA is hooked up? Also no extra monthly fee for DVR! Just a one time $40.00 for the HD activation.

I've seen quite a few big rigs parked in rest areas etc with a Dish on them, seems like a really cool way to have TV on the road....

Good luck

Ross

I don't think so. You will need to run two coax, or use a "separator" from the single coax. It has two outputs, one for each tuner input. It is not a splitter. The word for the day is "bandstacking."
I am not 100% on the splitter vs separator with one lnb, just seems like that is what I remember reading. I did not "think" the separator worked with one lnb, although I don't see why it would not.
the one lnb is the only setup I could see a dish approved satellite splitter being used for?

You could be right, I hadn't considered the one LNB angle - I think he may not be happy with a single LNB and any dual tuner. I guess we need someone more up to date technically to address this.

"Round" dish? Dish 300? Or "sorta round" Dish 500? Maybe one plastic package with what looks like space for two LNBs under the white plastic?

Last summer I installed a 222 to a "King Dome" auto tracking satellite on a house boat. It was a custom built boat and the builder/manufacture pre wired everything from the dish down to where receiver was going. It had a "master" & a "slave", basically a legacy dual lnb. I bypassed the separator and went directly to receiver with both lines. It works flawlessly on both tuners & yes it does require a switch test when changing birds. This house boat has 3 tvs, tv2 is mirrored on 2 of them. The only drawback is 1 satellite @ a time, but it did find what ever bird you asked it to lock onto and stayed there regardless of movement, even moving through the water around 10+mph. The only other major drawback was 129. Our hd locals are on that bird and it comes in really low on a 24 degree angle. The King Dome could not find it regardless of what I did. I came to the conclusion the housing on the unit was blocking it due to it being so low on the horizon. The boat owner decided to just use ota for hd locals.

Make sure the LNB is a Dish pro plus LNB. A DPP twin would work,you only need one cable from LNB to Seperator at back of receiver.If you have to just the single LNB you have to use a external switch and it would have to be a DPP 33 switch.

Last edited: