Help about philippine FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akosikristo

Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Philippines
Hi, i am new here(sorry if this is my first post)

I just wanna seek some help. Im done reading articles and threads regarding FTA and im a bit confused,maybe its because of im from philippines and the threads are for other country thats why i dont know where to start.

Last 3 months i subscribe to a well known satellite tv provider here in the philippines named "cignal tv" but after 4 months i failed to pay the bills so now i cant receive any channels even the free antenna channels.

i paid the dish and the box (they offer a rental for the dish and box but i bought mine)

my concern is how can i use my dish fo me to have free channels. the box has a smart card, is there anyway to bypass the smartcard so i can watch free satellite channels?

i also read about the decoder box but the problem is where can i buy it here and how can i be sure if it is working in philippines.

i saw this list off free channels in my country from lyngsat but i dont know what are the things i need to have this.

thanks in advance.

You will have to get a different receiver to receive the FTA channels that you are talking about. You may be able to use the dish though. Post some pics of what you have.

what picture sir? the receiver that i have? is there a specific type of receiver that i need to buy or any FTA receiver will do?thank you sir for the reply.

No the picture of of Dish. Most FTA receivers will do what you want. Just not real familiar with how things are done in the Philippines.

CIGNAL_HD_PACE_Box.jpghere is the sample of my reciever sir

Also, where in the Philippines are you? This can make a difference. For example, 166E (Intelsat 19) should come in strong in the north of Luzon with that dish, but you probably wouldn't get a signal at all in Mindanao or even Cebu.

im from CALABARZON (Region IV-A) sir. sorry for the noob question but what is LNBF? what photo do you need sir? the version of my reciever? and what do you mean sir? there is a posibility that i can use my reciever?

Last edited:
Night time here in the U.S. I think you still should visit the Facebook page I posted for some answers from hobbyists in the Philippines. Here, we are mostly in North America (with a few in Europe and South America), so a lot of this is just our guess. The LNBF is the little circle/box thing at the end of your dish pointing to the sky.

Actually, to me it seems there are not too many Ku-band (little dish) channels in the Philippines for FTA, except perhaps a few in Chinese and Korean. To get some of the English channels out of Australia, etc., you will probably need a very large dish to get C-band. Again, you should speak to someone who has FTA set up in the Philippines (or ask on the Facebook page).

Actually, there is more activity on: www.facebook.com/groups/satellitetventhusiasts They seem to indicate some FTA on the Cignal dishes, including mini-BUD projects. Please visit both of these pages. They should be able to help you find a good FTA equipment dealer in the Philippines, too!

Last edited:
thank you sir for the reply but i ask one of them if where can i buy receiver and the one replied to me to trade my receiver like in the picture i post to dm500s. i dont know if it is a smart deal. any idea if i should swap my item to his?

As in any deal, buyer beware. You need information right now, not fast deals. Perhaps someone else will give you the telephone number or website of a local FTA equipment dealer. It would be great to find someone locally who can show you his/her FTA setup. They should be able to provide you with reliable information about sources for equipment.

thank you sir for the reply. i think FTA user here in the philippines it kinda small compare to your country so its hard to find someone who can give me information about FTA equipment dealer coz i think there is none. Im planning to do some trial and error sort of thing to learn the setup but the problem is i dont have a receiver and have no idea where to find it. Im sending PM's to a couple of member and the two repplies to swap their reciever to mine. i have the conclusion i got a good receiver and im wondering where they gonna use it...

Looking at the lyngsat page you referenced (free tv Philippnes), it appears most of the free signals are c-band signals. That is a different frequency from ku band and requires a larger dish (minimum 6 feet but the larger the better). In addition to a larger dish, you will need a c-band lnb (the piece of equipment on the end of the arm(s) extending from the dish).
My wife is a Filipina and we have spent a fair amount of time in Nueva Vizcaya (NV) the last few years. During those times I have researched fta some and I did find a dealer in Manila (about 2 years ago) and the online prices were in line with the states. I have not set up a dish in the Philippines because of the need for a c-band dish to get most of the fta signals. I have not found those readily available in the Philippines and the shipping cost from other countries, exceed the price of the dishes. If you decide to set up a ku dish, then I would recommend at least a one meter dish, if your location receives the downpours of rain that NV receives during typhoon season (luckily the surrounding mountains cut down the wind quite a bit in NV).
Good luck.

i saw cband lnb plus the dish sold at manila.. my only problem is the FTA receiver. do you have extra FTA receiver that u are not using anymore. can i buy it from you guys. i ask a person who have a FTA receiver and he dont want to tell me where to buy it.too bad....

I think anole's recommendation is probably the best plan, but I am not a 100% certain satav ships overseas. You might contact them and even if they do not ship overseas they might be able to recommend a vendor for you.
One questions I have, is the cband and lnbf you found for sale in Manila, is that new equipment or used items from an individual?

i really dont know sir. i just asked a guy over there when i came there if he knows where to buy a satellite dish with cband lnb he told me that there is a shop there that sells dish and lnb separately i asked him whats the cost range he told me it ranges around 100 dollar (4500 pesos in my currency) for the lnb and dish. i dont have enough money so i did not bother to go to the shop that he is telling me. I forgot also if it is second hand or a brand new unit.

Coverage Map Centred on Tanauan City, Southern Tagalog

Of course it's best to check with locals in the Philippines for what's receivable. But here are two coverage reports centred on your nearby city of Tanauan, Southern Tagalog. The Ku-band report was created for a 100-cm dish. The C-band report was created for a 180-cm dish. You should be able to receive the satellites marked with a green checkmark. You can research using www.lyngsat.com to see if these satellites would provide you with anything of interest. You need to learn how to know which signals in lyngsat are scrambled and which are not.

View attachment Tanauan_Ku_100cm dish.pdf
View attachment Tanauan_C_180cm dish.pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.