Help adjusting Fortec 8 footer for eastern birds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I've been doing some tweaking of my 8 footer before the weather starts getting cold. Since most of the leaves have dropped now I've been experimenting with getting a solid signal on 58w-83W sats. If I raise the dish elevation 2 degrees I get 58-83W ok, but I start losing the 131w-139w sats. If I leave the elevation as it is now I get 87W thru 139W perfectly. I'm thinking since 87W is roughly my true south that I need to shift the dish on the pole slightly east? or west?
Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks Blind

Sounds like your declination is off a bit. Basically, to fine tune it, Put a mark on the mount that will be transfered to the pole. Do an Azimuth adjustment on the east side of the arc and transfer the mark on the mount to the pole. Repeat on the west side. You'll have two marks on the pole for the one mark on the mount. Adjust the declination slightly, and touch-up the elevation at Zenith. Repeat east west azimuth alignment. You want the marks on the pole to come together. If your marks spread apart, you've adjusted the declination opposite of what it needs.

Thanks Fat Air....I do some experiments in the morning and see. I moved it on the pole about an 1/8" to the east and the signal strength is actually better than it already was....Still no luck on 58-72W....will try in the a.m.
Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)