Help and Advice needed please...

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Greetings...

Would like some help please. My problem down here in florida, is of course, when it rains it downright pours. The problem I have is getting
the dish aligned correctly to get good signals on 110 and 119. I never really did like the dual lnb's on one mount. When I call for a service
call, they come out and just basicly tell me its as good as your gonna get. For me this is unacceptable. I know if I had seperate LNB's I can
peak both to be 122 easily. Right now, I get 122 on the 119 and about 98 on 110. I also get 119 on the 65 dish. Of course, when it rains,
the channel im usually watching goes belly up, thankfully, the childrens tv still goes strong. So, to make a long story shorter heres what I have

2 322's (theve worked great thus far!)
1 501 (I love dvr!)
1 Dishpro 500 (119 and 110 report Twin)
1 Dishpro 300(?) (61.5 reports dual)
2 DP34's to hook it all up

I am not at all apposed to adding another DISH to the side of my house. (cause I know it pisses off the cable company! especially since I work for
them as a contractor!!)
How can I hook all this up still be able to use all the features that I currently use? I was thinking of using 3 18" dishes, one pointing
at each satellite. However I am unsure which switch to use and which LNB's I need to make sure that everything with the boxes still work
the way they are supposed to.

So, the question is, what LNB's do I need? and which switch? Thanks!

All you will need to do is replace the twin with a pair of DishPro duals. You can use your current DP34 switches.

As long as you are going to use seperate dishes use at least a pair 20" dishes with an "I" adapter instead of the current "Y" adapter. 24" would be even better.

You may never get rid of the rainfade but that should help you reduce it.

Before going and buy another dish and installing it (yourself), and since you may never get rid of the rain fade, maybe you should peak the 119/110 Dish 500 DP Twin yourself and see if you can improve the signal.

If so, you shouldn't have to move it very much, maybe 1/16 of an inch, since you already have pretty good signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts