Help; answers needed.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhinZman

Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
My situation: Got my Directv HDDVR yesterday; installer had never installed one before, so I am not sure he did it correctly (he's not sure he did it correctly). I have the HDDVR, a DVR, and a standard receiver. He installed the dish with a triple LNB, took those four cables and went to a 4x8DTV Multiswitch and then to the receivers. The HDDVR is receiving a signal strength of 98 on satellite 101, but absolutely nothing on the 119 and 110 (the HD right?). I may have some tree obstruction, but if I get that good a signal on 101, shouldn't I get anything on the other two even with some obstruction? I have searched the forums, but want to be sure. Thanks for any help.

damaged said:
An obstruction can indeed be so that the 101 comes in and one or both of the other two are obstructed.

But you would think the installer would mention it and offer other options :idea:

Jimbo

Can the other receivers be configured to work with a Phase III dish and if so, are you getting anything on the 110 and/or 119 on those? Also, try bypassing the multiswitch to see if it's causing the problem and just run a line straight to the HR10-250, you can use barrel connections to tie the lines together...

There is a good chance it's trees causing problems as mentioned or he didn't align the dish properly also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)