Help! Azbox Ultra Channel List Messed Up

jduffin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
I wanted to get a fresh scan of C-band transponders in my Ultra, so I deleted every transponder for a few satellites (55.5, 58, 87, and 91). I then did a blind scan for each of these satellites and all looked good. However, my receiver froze on one channel on 91 and required a reboot. After that, all 4 of these rescanned satellites were messed up (a few ku satellites were also messed up). The channels appeared in seemingly random "eastern" satellite names. My user-entered satellite names for these were gone!

What went wrong? I suspect I shoud have left at least one transponder (or at least entered a bogus transponder) for each satellite.

I do have a channel backup from a couple of months ago -- so I will try to recover from that. I am not opposed to doing a "factory reset" and starting from scratch either -- but that will be a few hours worth of work.

These receivers don't like to have all TPs deleted from any sat! I always leave ONE TP so this funky stuff doesn't happen.

EVERY time I change stuff on ANY sat I make a backup copy of the needed channel/sat files with a date and the firmware number as an identifier for that folder. Once that data is corrupted it won't let you reload it so if you got a backup of the last modifications you did then you're good to go.

What it did when it crashed is it loaded the default values from DISK1, which are backups to DISK2. If you read through the "How to Americanize Your AZBox" some of this is covered there and there's also a way to make the "default" stuff in DISK1 the same as DISK2 but I've discovered that with the backup files, there's no need to mess with the stuff on DISK1.

Jduffin,

In the "STICKES" there is the A-Z AZBox guide. Download and read it. For your situation, pay particular attention to the instructions regarding "How to North Americanize Your Satellite List".
If you follow these procedures and then use ONLY the editors mentioned to edit your transponders/satellites (not the remote) you will resolve such issues that you experienced.

Those European named satellites that appeared in your list are coming from the backup DVBS file in the \DISK1 folder and were there from the factory. If you follow the procedures in the guide, you will overwite this backup file with your own satellite information.

RADAR

I restored from a backup I made in late December. After I did the restore, I deleted all but one transponder for a few satellites and did a fresh blind scan. I did not experience the same channel list corruption this time.

So the lesson learned is to NOT remove all transponders for a particular satellite and to back up frequently.

Thanks for the pointing out the information in the "How to North Americanize Your Satellite List". I'll read it very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)