Help can not get Hopper ot connect to the internet

Fellpuppet

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Indiana
I am trying to help my uncle out that runs a local dish network store with a problem that no one seems to have a answer for. They know their stuff but this one is stumping them and all the way up . They have a customer that has just had a hopper setup installed but the internet will not connect no ip nothing.

They have rewired All lines New boxes etc nothing. They have had the Cable Co. Brighthouse that is using Earthlink services come out and replace the modem again (Cisco 2100) and same thing.

So they took the recivers from the store that are working and once they connected them up at the customers home nothing. Dish support earthlink and brighthouse have no idea why.

They have also tried with router and without. Nothing....

Anyone out there have any info on this would be great. Its like the hopper is blocked form bright house or something its so odd

Randomly, well not really random, DISH seems to have really lessened the compatibility of the Hopper with internet the connection settings. This started with the last software update in December. About all you can do is complain to dish and wait for the software bug to be fixed. There's another thread here discussing this issue, too.

They have updated so says the dish support and his techs. They seem to be leaning towards the Internet provider I asked him about how many others havering same problem and they are saying its fixed on the box they have but why is it that it works fine at one location and then not picking up a ip at all at another?

try changing the way the hopper connects to the local network. Like using the usb wireless adapter or a HIC.

I know they are working on the issue where the network status may not update correctly on Broadband screen, so hopefully that will be corrected soon. But if you can't get any sort of connection then it sounds like an issue with the ISP or network since you tried two boxes, one of which you know works from the shop, but neither work at their home.

Last edited:
sounds like a provider issue. I'd try using a smartphone with a hotspot setting and see if you can connect wirelessly to that. If the Hopper will connect to the hotspot your issue is not hopper related.

Make sure your network is properly selected by name and the password is set.
If wirelessly connected that the coding and encryption are set to correspond.
We assume the distribution method is enabled and tested by your notebook or other.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts