Help - can't receive all fta channels on a satellite, should I adjust satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Photon_emitter

Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
A dumb question, but I gotta ask. I've gotten my FTA system up and running. It's locked on the arc perfectly - most satellites come in crystal clear. One satellite has a channel I love to watch, there's another channel I turn to once in a while. Previously while troubleshooting the antenna - I got both channels. Now that the entire system is setup, only one channel comes and the other is undetectable.

What could be wrong? I know hte polarity and what not are set propertly - or at least I think based on V/H settings working properly on most other satellites. Should I adjust the dish itself? I'm clueless. Help.

Photon, you'll get an expert and definitive answer to your question when Iceberg makes his rounds. (He's kind of like....a doctor.)

Is it possible that the missing channel is just simply no longer being broadcast? I mean...some channel come and go on FTA. You might check the Lyngsat site and see what is has to say about which channels are on that particular satellite.

what channels are you picking up that arent there now?

As 7720 said, stuff comes and goes all the time. Is it a 24/7 channel or a feed?

On AMC3 - there's a channel called MTA International - I can receive that. The channel I'm trying to get is Montana PBS - I can't get a lock on that signal at all. What's the deal?

ah OK....now it makes sence

Montana PBS & the PBS stations sometimes seem to come and go for an odd reason. I have had them and then lost them. The thing to remember is Montana does get alot of snow and if the uplink feed is hindered on their end, we have issues with 30 & even 36" dishes.

edit: I just checked mine at 9:30 CST and the signal is pretty low...lower than normal

Last edited:
Can you get TIP TV & Patient channel (they're on same satellite)? They are really strong. That MTA one you dont need much signal to get it to stay...I would manually log in Montana PBS and try to fine tune

Montana PBS comes in fairly low quality even on my BUD at 70% s.q., on my 39"p* it comes in around 45-50%. I havent tried a smaller dish on it bacause I have heard it can be a real "female dog" to get it to lock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts