Help determining proper equipment, please

DennisTheSatellite

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I’ve read many Satellite Guys’ posts, but still don't think I can make the best decision. What reflector and lnb should I use for 34446, please? I just changed to the Hopper. Any and all comments on the proper setup would -really- be appreciated. :confused:

Thank you ! :D

I’ve read many Satellite Guys’ posts, but still don't think I can make the best decision. What reflector and lnb should I use for 34446, please? I just changed to the Hopper. Any and all comments on the proper setup would -really- be appreciated. :confused:

Thank you ! :D

Are you installing this yourself?

Close is good enough for horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear bombs. Not satellite reception.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I’ve read many Satellite Guys’ posts, but still don't think I can make the best decision. What reflector and lnb should I use for 34446, please?
Probably a 1000.2 Western Arc (WA) dish, but an Eastern Arc (EA) like a 1000.4 or 1000.2 with an EA Twin LNB might also work.

Depends on where you get your local TV stations:
  • Gainesville - HD stations on WA.
  • Orlando - HD stations on both WA & EA.
  • Tampa - HD stations on both WA & EA.

It might be easier to acquire sats using an EA dish because EA sats are at a higher elevation (about 55 degrees compared with 38 degrees for WA dish).

How right you are, navychop! Fortunately, I receive signal about 75% of the time with an 18" dish. Hoping the 1000.x will help. By the way, I'm pretty good at horseshoes but not cutting of the top of 30+ foot trees. :D Better I try this first rather than go to cable ! :smash:

Line of sight is not analog, it is yes or no, so if your line of sight is not perfect, it is non-existent for one or more of your satellites, so it is bad.

"Not perfect line of site" is as non descriptive as they come. My point, more info would be nice before "grenades"/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts