Help Diagnose Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I have several channels that come in clear at night, and break up during the day. Their signal/quality is still high, but I get digital stuttering/artifacts and the channels are unwatchable.

This is happening on both C and Ku, and sometimes channels on the same transponder will come in fine, while the others are bad.

I guess what confuses me most is that the signal/quality levels don't seem to go down.

I'm using a 10' mesh dish, with a coolsat 4000 pro.

Thanks for any insight.

I've seen that happen...as example I aim the 6 footer at 97W for AMGTV on Saturday's (wrestling is on)

one day at noon I couldnt get it to work at all (0 quality)
hour later I had 15 quality
3:00 I had 40 quality
5:00 I had 65 quality

I guess its also satellite wobble and how much power they put out on the uplink

what type of lnb ?
i would suspect that a more stable lnb would handle this loss better

That's a good question. I have no idea. I'm the second owner (hauled it away via craigslist). I've never had to do any maintenance, bothered with any scalar ring alignment, or anything regarding the LNBs. I put it up, and it works. I'm sure I'm missing a few dB of signal due to ignorance, but I'm afraid to mess with it... I don't want to lose what I've got. :)

well we can start at the basics & easiest to hardest

asuming bumping the dish east or west when the signal is degrading has been tried.
if not try this first.

first check to ensure the feedhorn is clear of all obstructions / critters / spiders ect..

next ( and try this when the signal is degraded and pixelating) remove the feedhorn cover

next check all connections and remove any connectors / adapters not needed anything that will cause signal loss..

there are several other things we can do to gain signal and some do require you to adjust the lnbf for best signal ... but i'm sure most of us can talk you through those adjustments

Status
Please reply by conversation.