HELP!!! DirecTV decided to shut all my recievers off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pyrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
HELP!!! DirecTV decided to shut all my recievers off. They claim my line had some fraudulant activity. I pay 110 dollars a month for my DirecTV and now i have 4 recievers i've pad for that doesn't do diddly. They told me i need send a letter to

DirecTV Signal Integrity
PO Box 1080
El Segundo, CA 90245

There has got to be a faster way to do this!!! If anyone can help me i'd be forever greatful!!!

Thanks
Jeff!

I would ask for a name and fax number. If they refuse, tell them they can keep your service off permanently and they'll transfer you to retention.

I would surely call and ask to talk to them. Tell the CSR you need a supervisor right up front and then explain to the supervisor your situation and ask how you may get in contact with someone RIGHT NOW to clear this matter up.

DO NOT get beligerant with them! Be calm and talk rationally. In this case kindness goes a lot further than bullying which may come off as you trying to hide something.

Make sure to have copies of your bill/service payments handy as well.

Where did you get your equipment? Did you get everything from a legit install service? If so, have all that info ready. If you did a self install, they might have some BAD info regarding the receiver specific numbers of each of your receivers and want info on where they came from and how you obtained them.

I can't really think of anything else they would want unless your name popped up on a computer & electronic components compnay's shipping manifest they consider a shady reseller. I thought they stopped that practise many months ago.

Maybe they think you are paying for residential services and moving the boxes to a commercial location or sharing service with another address.

Maybe someone has mistaken your identity and they have "turned in" the wrong person.

In any case shutting off a "suspect" is a common tactic to get that person to call in ASAP!

Elstevo said:
If notes have been explicitly left stating you need to contact that address, then thats the only way to resolve it.... not post here.

He is asking for advice. And we are giving him some options...no need to get negative about it :)

Iceberg said:
He is asking for advice. And we are giving him some options...no need to get negative about it :)

Amen Iceberg! There is always more than one way to solve something and multiple heads are better than one. Like Charper said... Call and get a supervisor on the line and NICELY discuss it with them. If this is a legit identity problem, you want to know now and you want to dig as deep as possible. Make sure that this is the only place you are having ID problems! (credit cards, etc.)
Good luck!

Elstevo said:
If notes have been explicitly left stating you need to contact that address, then thats the only way to resolve it.... not post here.

what is up with people getting nasy in here......

Thank you guys for your help. I did a google search and got a gentleman who is one of the higherups. Unforunately i did get a lil pissy with DirecTV CSR and Manager because they did not give me an answer of why they turned it off. She just said the only way to do it is to write here. It would probably take literally 3 weeks. Anyways i got a gentleman to talk to and he is looking into it. He is the Director of Communications. I was polite to him and he understood why I was upset. I'm hoping to have it resolved very soon.

Thank you Again! :)

billbillw said:
If it really takes 3 weeks to fix it, they better give you a healthy CREDIT!

His services were shut off, so he's not paying for anything right now. He wouldn't be entitled to a credit.

As for the threadstarter, as a D* CSR, I can assure you that if an account is turned to a specific type, all we can do is give you that address. We can't speculate or anything.

If they shut off his service for a reason that turns out not to be valid you would think from a customer service stand point they would offer him something.

Its also completely ridiculous that the only way he can get it turned back on is to send a letter somewhere and then wait for a response.

Absolutely correct on both counts Minorthr, there are people he/she can talk to by calling the "standard phone number", they just have to get the call escalated to the proper level, a CSR wouldn't know this thus the request for a supervisor.

I still cant believe they did this..... hell all 4 of my recievers are in my house and all but one are connected to a phone line... if they shut off my service i would be MAd as hell... and a Letter... good lord.. The last time I mailed a Payement alone to anyone was probably 2 years ago...

Heck at work we send 4-800 faxes a day but dont use a shred of paper... everything is freaking digital these days... at least let the guy fax something in... a letter is just retarted... a fax would be more efficient even.

I would think that D* would send you a letter telling you what they believe is the problem with your account. If you don't like what you here, dump D*! Switch to E* or Cable.

I was just about to say... if I got a notification like that from a provider of mine I'd tell them to kiss off.... that is if I wasn't doing anything wrong. I know the D* CSRs can't speculate but perhaps someone else can?? What would cause this kind of account limitation?

yeah, and I don't mean this as a knock against the OP, but as bad as customer support can be, I doubt they just said they would shut it off if they didn't have some information regarding your account. that doesn't mean that it can't be erroneous information but they must have some information on your account that would warrant such a severe penalty--automatic shutoff!

If his account type was changed from REG to FRD, then that's when we'd provide the address to send the letter to. The only time we do this is if we have overwheming evidence to substantiate the disconnect.

Did not mean to come off rude, just didn't try to sugar coat it. There isn't a magical key to press, or a game of CSR Roulette to be had in a situation like this. You have to follow the procedure they outlined.

Appealing to a forum for help is just a form of entertainment while you wait for the mailman to pick up your letter ;).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts