HELP! Dish VIP722 Backfeed Setup

ecbaldy

Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Hi everyone,
I have a pretty simple Dish setup right now. One Dish 500 feeding my VIP722. The 722 feeds my big LCD and backfeeds another TV through one coax. Last night I was piddling around in my basement cleaning up wires and apparently re-hooked up the DPD2 splitter incorrectly. How should it be hooked up? I have it as follows and am unable to get satellite signal to the 722.

In/Out to Satellite Feed
Sat to VIP722
UHF/VHF to second TV

Also, can I put a standard cable splitter on the TV2 side of the DPD2 to power a few more TVs with the same secondary signal? Is there a limit to the number of times it can be split?

Thanks very much for your advice! Here's hoping it works tonight... don't want to miss Deadliest Catch!!!

in/out should go to in/out of diplexer on rec - sat to dish

yes tv 2 can be split ( all tvs on the same channel at the same time) no practical limit in a residential setup, it is a high powered output designed for distribution systems

Hmmm... ok... I had it hooked up like that last night... and wasn't able to get a steady satellite signal... I ran the switch check several times and it failed... any advice?

Do you still have video feed to tv2?

what does the checkswitch screen say?

the diplexer may bad or one of the connectors

make sure there are no splitters between the dish and the rec. they can only be on the uhf output

- Yes there is video feed to TV2... crystal clear
- i am not in front of the TV at the moment... but i remember something along the lines of checkswitch failed... incorrect switch configuration...
- no splitters right now

can i run the sattilite signal right to the satellite input of the reciever? i imagine i'd just take both diplexers off and couple the two together...

just replace the one in the bsmnt with a barrel connector to see if you signal returns.

you will temporarily lose video on tv2 but it will tell you if that diplexer is bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts